Chapter 39 A Beautiful Little Fool (rewritten)

The right person, the wrong time.
The right script, the wrong line.
The right poem, the wrong rhyme.
And a piece of you, that was never mine.
______________________________________
Olivia Brown

Arrigo followed me all the way into the mansion. He probably thought I would bolt right into the forest which surrounded the mansion. The only way to escape this place was through the gate which Antonio's men guarded. Or to swim to the other side of the lake, which was behind the mansion. Not solely was the lake infinity—not really infinity, but it was huge—but on the other side of the lake was a forest, a dark abounded forest. And knowing my fortune, I would drown before I even took a step into the freezing water.

The sound of the door closing behind me brought me out of my thoughts.

Captive.

No matter how much I attempted to evade the thought that I was indeed a captive, I couldn't. Every time I looked around, I just saw a glamorous prison. Instead of steel jail bars, I saw a dark, abyss looking forest surrounding my actual dungeon. Even though I tried to convince myself that I stayed by choice, that it was my choice to stay and help them—even though I hadn't done much helping, thanks to Antonio.

As I was putting away my shoes, I heard someone coming behind me. I hopped up, took the small pocketknife which I had taken in order to protect myself with, and since I was a captive, I was very much not safe. I aimed the black knife at the person.

"Whoa, calm down. I'm Theo's sister." The girl said as she took a step back with her arms raised. I took in the sight of her as I reluctantly put the pocketknife back into my sock. She was a few inches taller than me, and with hair the same shade of blonde as Theo. She had light blue eyes with a glint of fear in them, she had a small, hesitated smile on her face.

By the looks of it, she was in fact Theo's sister.

"Oh, sorry. That's not how you greet someone for the first time," I chuckled sheepishly.

She grinned. "No, it's good. You're forgiven." She extended her hand.

"Hi, my name's Vittoria Sala."

"Hi, my name's Olivia Romano—I meant Brown," I blurted out sheepishly. All this surname talk got my mind confused. Vittoria's easy-going look on her face got replaced to a startled expression.

"What!? Antonio got married? I never thought I'd see the day the cold-hearted devil married. I mean, he hates women, because of his mother abounded him. He doesn't even fuck women in his own room, he has a room only for fucking. That's fucked up. And when he fucks a woman, he fucks her brutally from behind, so he doesn't have to see her face. I know that hence I stayed in the room next door one time. May I tell you that girl was loud. He solely fucks women since he has needs, but if he didn't, he wouldn't even look at a woman. He—" she blurted out all that without breathing before I interrupted her.

"We're not married," I cried out, a little annoyed. I didn't even know why.

"What? You are not?" She frowned and took a deep breath.

"Yes, Antonio and I are not married," I declared.

"But you said..." She continued bemusedly.

"I-I just said the wrong surname," I stammered a bit.

"Oh." She smiled a little embarrassed smile.

"Sorry. I've a tendency to ramble a lot," Vittoria mumbled as her nose crinkled. 

"It's fine" I said dismissively.

"Then who are you? I mean, what are you doing here? Not be rude," She gazed at me suspiciously.

"I'm..." A captive, my subconscious mocked me as usual.

"... I'm here for a mission" That's what you're trying to tell yourself, she continued. A captive, a whore, a plaything, that's what you really are, she smirked. Why are you trying to fool yourself? Why Olivia?

Shut up.

"Oh, okay." She grinned. Exactly as easy-going as her brother.

"Do you have anything to eat here? The chief wasn't here today." She stated with a sad pout.

"I can go and cook. You can watch something and rest, okay?" I mumbled distractedly. She nodded and headed to the living room.

In the kitchen, I leaned against the counter and took a deep breath.

Antonio hates women, because of his mother abounded him. He doesn't even fuck women in his own room, he has a room only for fucking. When he fucks a woman, he fucks her brutally from behind, so he doesn't have to see her face. He solely fucks women since he has needs, but if he didn't, he wouldn't even look at a woman.

Vittoria's words rushed back at me, like a slap. I felt like a fool. A fool for thinking we could last. He hated women, he didn't fuck in his own room.

He slept with me in his own room, a weak voice in me whispered.

But also treated you like shit afterwards, my subconscious added.

Beside all that, I was still a fool. A fool for wanting more with him, yet I still wanted to run away. An idiot, a fool. Like Daisy said in The Great Gatsby:

I hope she'll be a fool—that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.

________________________

"The food's ready," I announced loudly as I put the hot pot with soup down on the dining table. Vittoria was there in a second, she must be famished. Myself, not so much. Even though I hadn't eaten much pizza—thanks to Anton. I lost my appetite. Vittoria sat down while I went back to the kitchen to bring some bread.

"Where's the guys?" That was when I noticed how quiet it was. I sat down in front of Vittoria.

"They left when I arrived" She swallowed a bite of bread.

"Why?" I brought a glass of water to my mouth.

"I don't know. They were in a hurry. But before Theo left, he said they were going to kill some guy, whose name was Mateo something."

I choked on my water. What?

_____________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)