C40: I Love You Forever

"Do you believe in afterlife?" Jennie randomly asked her wife while looking at the beautiful horizon in front of them.

Jennie and Lisa visited their favorite tower at Queenstown Trail Park. They are in their early 80's now, but still enjoying life by traveling locally and going on adventures abroad because it gives them something to do (since their grandchildren are in their teens now) – to do the things on their bucket list that they couldn't do when they were young and extremely busy with their careers and children (since they instantly built a family after they got married).

"Like reincarnation or life in heaven after death?"

"Uh-huh. Do you?"

"I don't know. Do you?"

"I do. And I will look for you in heaven because you're all I want to fall in love with all over again."

"Then I want to believe in afterlife now, so that we can continue our beautiful love story in heaven... I love you."

"I love you, too. So much."

They both sweetly smiled at each other before they leaned for a kiss. They may be old now, but they're still very much happy and in love – just like what Lisa promised on their wedding day.

Death is inevitable. It's part of life cycle. They both know that their time may end sooner or later or even now, and they fear the day that one of them goes first. So, they can only hope that even after death, they will be together again. Forever.

_________________

_________________

"Baby, this is the 7th time you asked that question in span of 10 minutes." Jennie said with a hint of irritation in her voice.

"I did?"

"Yes, baby."

"I'm sorry. Please don't be mad."

Jennie's heart begins to race due to fear that something is medically wrong with her wife since she noticed that Lisa's becoming more forgetful lately.

Few days ago, Lisa put the used plates inside the fridge instead of the dish washer, she put her checkbook and spare car key in the microwave instead of the safe in their walk-in closet, and she forgot to turn off the stove after cooking it almost created fire in the kitchen. Even their beautiful children noticed these changes in behavior whenever they visit their parents.

"Babe... I'm scared." Lisa suddenly blurted, her face showed fear and worry.

"Scared of what, baby?"

"I think I have Alzheimer's."

Jennie was stunned by Lisa's response — it scared her that her wife doesn't think her forgetfulness is part of normal aging process, but an irreversible and progressive neurological disease. Although Lisa retired 20 years ago and is now forgetful, she still has the neurologist's brain and knowledge inside her. However, they both know they need to consult a neurologist and Lisa needs to undergo imaging to conclude their diagnosis.