C14: Unwanted visitor (Part 1)

"Jennie, please let us talk for the last time

"Jennie, please let us talk for the last time. Let's fix this. I didn't agree to the break-up. I'm flying to Queenstown tomorrow. Here's my flight detail. Pick me up at the airport.", the sexy cat-eyed girl was left frozen at the email she received from Kai. She never thought of blocking him on her email, and she doesn't know why she didn't ignore the email when it showed his name. Maybe it's a habit she still hasn't forgotten for fear of upsetting the douchebag. And Jennie being innately kind, has an unconscious addiction to people pleasing for she always wanted to be liked even if it meant abandoning herself to cater to everyone's needs, forgot that the best response to disempower a person with narcissistic personality disorder like Kai is strictly NO CONTACT.

"Kai, please let me go. I told you, I don't feel any more love for you. You exhausted me to a point you left me extremely numb and beaten. It's over between us. Please let us move on and live our lives separately. I wish you the best." Jennie responded. She then texted Chahee as she wondered how Kai found out she's in Queenstown. She thought Chahee must have accidentally posted their recent girl time photos on her social media accounts where he must have seen it. Surprisingly though, it wasn't her bestfriend who divulged the information but her sister, Colleen. Jennie never opened about her struggles and abuse from Kai to anyone, including her family. Her friends only knew 'they' ended it due to irreconcilable differences, but her family doesn't know they aren't together anymore. Her sister thought she moved to Queenstown for career advancement before settling down with Kai. Although Colleen found it odd that Kai asked where Jennie currently is, still she told him where she is located. Now Jennie is in danger.

Why was and still is, Jennie hiding the truth about her abuse? Because who would believe her when the douchebag treated her like a queen when they hung out with friends and attending family affairs, where she often heard coos like, "Jennie, you're so lucky to have Kai!" and "I'm jealous. I wish to find a boyfriend like Kai". Deep inside, she wanted to beg and scream for help, save her from this wolf in sheep's clothing, this monster who not only tortured her emotionally, mentally, verbally, BUT also physically behind closed doors. Kai knows where to hit her, where people will never see -- her torso.

And other reasons why she kept it are: 1.) FEAR of shame. Jennie wants to hold an image of a perfect, smart, happy, invincible, and strong woman who everybody looks up to. And it would be a huge shame if people found out that an intelligent doctor like her is exceptionally stupid when it comes to love. Because she should know better for she studied domestic abuse, right? 2.) FEAR of being blamed. Wherein the town she lives is a patriarchal society and full of close-minded people who believe that abuse from a man is because of a woman's fault, and it's justified and acceptable. 3.) FEAR of narcissistic rage. She knows that Kai is very spiteful and capable of destroying a person's life when he's in rage and when he doesn't get what he wants, if he loses the battle. So, protecting his (or their) image is the smartest thing to do.

-----------

"Jennie, are you okay? You're spacing out." Lisa asked with evident concern in her face and voice. "Yeah. I'm okay." Jennie nodded and meekly responded. "You know you can talk to me, right?", the hot surgeon again reminded the sexy cat-eyed girl that she's not alone and she can trust her. "Yes, I do know Lisa." The hot surgeon gave her an unconvinced look. "Something bad just happened to a friend and I'm worried about her.", the sexy cat-eyed girl lied, wishing it will erase the doubt on the hot surgeon's face. "I'm sorry to hear that. But is your friend okay?", Lisa further inquired, although something tells her that Jennie is lying and something unpleasant is about to happen. "She is. Now, let's rewind the movie.", the sexy cat-eyed girl tried to change the topic by grabbing the remote control from the hot surgeon's hand and acted as if everything's fine.