C34: The Distance

"What is the meaning of this???" Flabbergasted and confused Lisa asked loudly as she looked at Jennie who was wheeling two big luggages, seemingly ready to leave...

Jennie was frozen, she didn't expect Lisa to come home early and she definitely didn't expect her love to be carrying bouquet of tulips and cute brown Pomeranian puppy who looked super excited to get out of his cage and lick his new parents – she thought Lisa went to the office, so the sexy cat-eyed girl wrote a lengthy letter where she explained why she must temporarily leave.

"Lisa... I..."

"Are you leaving me???" Lisa's voice devastatedly heartbroken, her eyes welled up and lips quivered. She unconsciously gripped the stems of the tulips so hard it broke.

"I'm not leaving you. I will never leave you, Lisa. I'm just moving out...temporarily."

"Tell me why." Angry Lisa is trying hard not to cry. She doesn't deserve this.

"Kai fired Drew and he got into a major car accident that led him disabled. Complete SCI. He will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. They can't pay their rent and they're about to be evicted, so I just sent Colleen money to cover their rent for the next 6 months. And dad completely cut off Sarah's educational funds." Jennie looked at Lisa, she blinked multiple times to control her tears. She's as severely heartbroken as Lisa.

"I still don't understand why you're leaving."

"I accepted our CEO's offer to be the COO of the company's new inpatient rehabilitation facility in Auckland, so I can save up huge money fast to buy them a house, franchise a business, and set-up educational plan for Sarah... Tomorrow is my first day of work, and my airport taxi ride will be here soon."

"You are selfish." Lisa bitterly hissed.

"How dare you say that to me? I am doing this for my family!" Jennie was greatly offended by Lisa.

Lisa scoffed in disbelief. She's so consumed by her anger that she doesn't understand where the sexy cat-eyed girl is coming from right now. They're both selfish.

"You are... You are selfish for not telling me all these beforehand. When did you learn about these and when did you decide for yourself? What happened to your rules? I reminded you of your own rule: NO secret and lies, and weren't you the one who demanded that WE must consult each other and decide together? So, these rules only apply to me and not to you? I hate double standard." Aggrieved Lisa spilled. She has never felt this gravely hurt and betrayed in her life.

Jennie lowered her head and cried a river, sobbing hard, her breathing labored — she felt guilty. Honestly, it really, really, really hurts and hard for her to leave the hot surgeon – if only Lisa knows this. But Jennie knows words cannot prove it as her actions say otherwise.

"Lisa, believe me. I wanted to tell you before we flew to San Francisco, but I decided not to because I want us to enjoy our time together and I planned to tell..."

"Didn't I ask you if I needed to know something when we were in San Francisco? That was your time to speak up!" Desperate Lisa cut off Jennie, she immediately added, "But you said nothing... You lied to me... You really didn't have plan to tell me because you already decided... You... Who asked me to never leave you... But you're the one leaving me..." Lisa couldn't hold it anymore, she howled and cried in so much pain and anger in her heart.

"You betrayed me.... I don't know if I can trust you anymore..." Hysterically crying Lisa bowed her head, leaned forward, and rested her hands on her knees still holding the bouquet of tulips on her left hand — she couldn't breathe, and was trying her best not to lash out at Jennie.