C38: The Vow

"Me? I... uhm..." Jennie wasn't prepared, she needs to come up with a vow, impromptu — she can only rely on what's in her heart right now, raw and unpolished.

Jennie cleared her throat

Jennie cleared her throat. She took Lisa's hands and looked at her love with the sincerest eyes one can ever see.

"Lisa... The first day I met you, I have already fallen in love with you."

Lisa's eyes widened in genuine surprise.

"I tried so hard to deny and stop it because of fear, but I failed... This is the reason why I tried to escape from you after church, I didn't want to give you my number, I didn't text you when you asked me to text you, and lied and declined your text invitations to hangout."

"Because you were afraid you'll fall for me more?"

Lisa flashed her cocky but charming smile. She's blushing hard like tomato and feels giddy inside. Lisa couldn't believe she won Jennie's heart from the start.

"Don't get big headed now." Jennie scolded Lisa, it's her way to hide her embarrassment from admitting her ultimate secret.

Everyone laughed.

"... But I thank you for chasing me or else we wouldn't be standing here today... Lisa, I know my indecisiveness drives you nuts, but the decision to love and marry you are the only decisions I ever made in my life that I never had to doubt – because I wanted you from the very start... That day you drove off, I already missed you. That whole day, you never left my mind. That night, I prayed to God that you text me and that He makes a way for us to be friends – He answered my prayers. Then weeks later I prayed that He makes you permanent in my life – again, He answered my prayer. Then on our first night beach walk, I imagined and wished that someday we're happily married, and we have little Manobans – and today, He answered another prayer... God has been so good to me because He sent a perfect angel in human form to be my brightest light during my darkest nights... You saved me from pain and misery, and you healed me with your extraordinary kindness and unconditional and steadfast love and respect... A kind of love I never knew or refused to believe exist... You brought me back to life, and you made me feel how it is to truly love and be loved... Remember when I told you, you are the very definition of true love? I meant it... You helped me grow into an empowered woman that I am today, and every day you inspire me to be a better person... Thank you for being so forgiving and patient to me, and most importantly, for not giving up on me when I've given you so many reasons to... I know it hurts you and drives you crazy whenever I'm being passive aggressive, stubborn, and dramatic sometimes – but I promise you, I will never ever, ever runaway and hide again, especially in toughest times... I promise I will stand by you and together we will conquer whatever trials and tribulations we'll face in the future... I promise I will trust you more for you've proven to me so many times, not once you broke my trust nor your promises... I know I did and please forgive me, but I promise you – I will never ever, ever break your trust and my promises again... Lisa, you make me the happiest woman in the world, and I promise to make you the happiest wife in the word... I promise you I'll be the bestest friend and wife to you, and bestest mother to our children... And I promise to only unconditionally love and respect you, to always choose you and fight for you, to take care of you in sickness and in health, to keep growing with you, to support you in everything you do, to always appreciate you – I mean, what's not to appreciate when you have that kind of gorgeous face, killer smile, and hot body?"