C33: Approval, Blessing, and Surprise

"Aunt Nancy, I have a confession to make." Lisa looked sick and pale, profusely sweating, and fidgeting like she has Parkinson's Disease.

"Speak my child." The eldest Kim said in a serious tone.

"I love Jennie... more than a friend. I'm sorry, I lied." Lisa let out a deep sigh after she blurted all the words out in 2 seconds, she felt nauseated and dizzy after she held her breath for so long.

"I know. I can clearly see it by how you treat Jennie. But why did you lie?"

"I lied because I was afraid that you will reject me and that I'll lose her after you made it clear that you are against same-sex relationship... And I just found out recently that I'm gay... And I had a hard time accepting it because I wasn't like this until I met Jennie... I fell in love with your niece for her beautiful heart and soul... She instantly won me without even trying... I love her so much..."

Aunt Nancy has no reaction, she is still internalizing what the hot surgeon had just confessed — her profound love for Jennie.

"Aunt Nancy, I know you don't like me for Jennie because I'm not a man, and I'm breaking the bible's rules and social norms... BUT there's nothing I can do about these feelings but to act on it, and I'm ready now – I want to court and seriously date Jennie... I promise I will give the whole world to her. I promise to only love her and make her happy everyday... Pleasepleaseplease... allow me, Aunt Nancy." Lisa is desperately begging. Her second plan is to offer herself to be The Kim's slave forever if this is what it takes for the eldest Kim to give in, in case non-stop pleading won't work.

Aunt Nancy is still nonreactive, she's thinking hard. Honestly, the eldest Kim has no problem about Lisa as a person for the young lady is perfect inside and out, the problem is, she still has a hard time accepting the fact that Jennie will most likely end up with a girl and it's against her morals and religion, and most of all, her niece will tarnish the 'perfect Kim family' image again since Colleen married a carpenter and Ben failed the bar exam twice. (The Kims are influential in their town back in Korea. They are families of doctors, lawyers, and businessmen.)

Aunt Nancy looked at the photo frame on her office desk, a photo of her with her beloved nieces and nephew – she specifically stared at Jennie's happy face before she closed her eyes as she recalled Colleen and Ben asking their father to let Jennie be happy, to let her be who she is, and to let her love who she wants to love for she deserves it more than because they owe her these.

The eldest Kim inhaled deeply before letting out a deep sigh, she relaxed her shoulders, opened her eyes, and intently looked at the poor Lisa who is nervously expecting for an answer with watery eyes and hopes it's a positive one.

"I'm reminding you of my one and only rule. If you hurt Jennie, I will take her away from you and you will never see her again."

"Ohmygod Aunt Nancy!!! You're allowing me to court and date Jennie???" The shocked hot surgeon jumped off from her seat with wide eyes, she covered her mouth using her hands.

"Unless you want me to take it back. I can do that."

"NO!!!... I mean, thank you! Ohmygod! THANK YOU!!!" Lisa is now tearing up out of pure happiness. She couldn't believe she has a chance to make the love of her life officially hers soon.

"Aunt Nancy? I have one more favor to ask."

"What is it?"

"Can I hug you? Please?" The extremely grateful and overjoyed Lisa cutely asked, but she didn't let the eldest Kim respond, instead she just went straight and hugged the kind woman.