"Well i guess that's one difference between us, i'm not a coward" she says, kissing me deep and passionately, making me forget what she just called me. "Well i have to go now, i promised i'd help Tony in the workshop once i got back"

"Not quite yet" i say, pulling her back on top of me. Kissing her even more passionately and deeper than ever before. My hands resting on her waist, tracking down and up as she traces her lips down to my neck.

Tony pov

"You're late" i say as Y/n enters the code and comes into the workshop.

"Well, better late than never"

"That saying is for being fashionably late, you look like you just walked out of bed" i say, referring to her tousled hair. Then i realise why with only your gaze as an answer. "Nevermind... i was thinking we could make you a suit"

"Why would i need that?"

"Because you're a part of this team, even though you're not officially an Avenger we could still use your abilities... and then you need a suit"

"Sweet, thanks Tones"

The night before the party

Y/n pov

"Do you, Y/n Barnes take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward til death do you part" the priest says in his harsh and hard russian accent as another tear falls down my face. Could this become any worse. He looks at me, with those deep grey eyes with murder in mind. But not of me, but of the ones i would do.

"I... i do" i answer, quietly as the knife to my throat starts to cut through the flesh. I turn my eyes dead into his, not letting any more tears out. I have to remind myself that we have an audience and i can't show fear... it's a weakness that would be punished for.

"And do you, Christopher Monroe take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward till death do you part?"

"I do" he answers with a cold and hard tone.

"I now have the honour of pronouncing you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride" he leans forward to my lips but i turn him my cheek instead, something i will pay for. But as i do i meet a pair of emerald eyes in the crowd, a pair who shows me empathy and not just pity.

"I own you now Bennett" he whispers in my ear and the sound of his last name makes me jerk out of bed.

"Y/n, котенок. What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Natashas concerned voice breaks through the dead and hard silence in my head. I didn't even know that i was crying. But even though her hands hold my face, i don't see her. Then it breaks, i come back and realise it was a dream. Even though it was a memory.

"Nothing" is as i can say before starting to get out of bed. But as soon as i stand up i feel the sickness of him wash all over me again. I sprint to the bathroom and hurl in the toilet.

"That's not nothing" i hear her mumble as she runs over to me, holding my hair out of my face as she rubs my back. "What did you dream of?" she can already tell that it was something haunting my sleep.

"That day, the ceremony, him" i say before throwing my head in the toilet to hurl again. Just the mere thought of him makes me sick to my stomach.

"Breathe, i'm right here and he's not getting to you again" she starts to trace her hand over my lower back.

"You know that ethically and lawfully, i'm still his... wife" i can feel the spite of my words on my tongue. I can even feel her tense at the words as well. She probably remembers that day as vividly as i do, even though she was only in the crowd.

"Yeah i know, but soon enough, you'll be married to someone else" i meet her gaze and think back to when she agreed to it, even though i don't want to do my part. I've got the ring, all i need is the perfect setting to get down on one knee to ask officially. "You were the one who mentioned it first, remember"

"No, technically it was Wanda. I just overheard. And you agreed to the deal"

"Spying on your girlfriend, are you now?" She takes a towel and starts to dry my mouth. "And yes i did, because i get eternity with you"

"Maybe soon enough i can make that real" i say, she leans in for a kiss but i stop her. "But first i gotta brush my teeth"

"Oh come one, you've kissed me after i threw up before" she says with a cute pout, making me forget all about the dream i just had.

"I know, it was disgusting" i say with a laugh as she helps me up from the floor. She throws another towel to my face with a laugh of her own.

"Fine, brush your teeth and come back to bed" she says with a smile, eyes flickering between my gaze and lips.

"Да, мэм (Yes ma'am)" i answer with a seductive smile of my own, causing her face to become the same colour as her hair. Something i'll never get used to but am so glad to be the only one to make it come out.