Chapter 8. The Knight and Dragon

Isaac picks up his sword and tries to slay the dragon again. "I'll show you! He yelled. "Die foul beast!" Right then, the pain in his ankle strikes again and he falls right back down to the ground face first. The dragon was confused of what was happening, but still continues to tease. "Hey." He said. "What's wrong with you? Armor too heavy?" "NO!" Yelled Isaac. The dragon begins to laugh." I'm sorry!" He said with his hand over his head. "I can't!" Isaac looks back at the dragon. "Its not funny!" He yelled. "Aren't you even gonna try to kill me?" The dragon calms down his laughter for a moment. "Well normally I would." He said. "Especially since YOU tried to kill ME, but I cannot get over your clumsiness." Isaac gets even more angry. "I am NOT clumsy!" He yelled. "I've just twisted my ankle!" "Hmm." Said the Dragon. "You mean this ankle?" Suddenly, the Dragon picks up Isaac by his injured ankle and holds him there upside down. "Hey!" Yelled Isaac. "That hurts! Put me down!" Suddenly, Isaac's helmet falls off of his head and the Dragon gets a better look at his face. He drops the young knight back to the ground. "You're just a boy." He said. "I'm old enough." Said Isaac. "Oh yeah?" Said the Dragon. "Who says?" "King Roden III!" Said Isaac. The Dragon rolls his eyes once again. "He's a lousy King." He continued. "No wonder you're a lousy knight." Isaac was confused. "What is that supposed to mean?" He asked. "It means you have a fool for a King." Said the Dragon. "Sending wimps like you to slay creatures like me." Isaac begins to get angry again. "We are not wimps!" Said Isaac. Suddenly, Isaac realizes something about the dragon. "By the way." He continued. "I thought dragons lived in Black Rock Mountain." That's when the dragon's mood suddenly changed and he snarls at Isaac. "THAT'S IT!" He growled. "GET OUT OF MY CAVE!" He picks Isaac back up and throws him out of the cave. When Isaac got back up, he had got to thinking. The dragon seemed grouchy, but not vicious at all. He also wondered why he was living in a small cave and not with the other dragons in Black Rock Mountain. He walks closer to the cave entrance to find out more about this unusual dragon. "I know we're supposed to be enemies here," he continued. "But I'm curious." The dragon looks at Isaac once again feeling a bit annoyed by his presence. "About what?" He asked. Isaac clears his throat. "About you." He said. The dragon's eyes grew wider. "Me?" He asked. "Well you see," Isaac continued. "It appears that there is more to this than just this war. Should we start from the beginning?" "Go on." Said the Dragon. "Okay then. My name is Isaac. What is yours?" The dragon takes a deep breath, and tells him his name. "Cecil." He said.