Chapter 12. The Princess and the Dragon

Havana becomes frightened to where she could hardly talk. She had never seen a dragon up close before. "You're a-! You're-!" She said quietly with fear. Cecil tries to calm her down. "Hey." He said. "Relax." He almost falls off the tower again but manages to help himself up once more. Havana and Cecil look at one another for a moment. Havana was finally able to speak full sentences. "You're a Dragon!" She said nervously. "Keep it down." Cecil whispered. "I wish not to be caught." Havana still didn't know about Cecil, but calms down a bit. They begin to talk for a while. "You're not going to eat me. Are you?" She asked. "No." Said Cecil. "Of course not." "Then why are you here?" Asked Havana. "I'm just passing by." Said Cecil. Havana walks closer to the window of where the dragon was. "How come you're on my tower?" She asked again. "I'm resting." Said Cecil. "Daddy says that dragons are bad." Said Havana who was now completely calm. "Does he?" Asked Cecil. "Uh huh." Said Havana. "And who is your father little girl?" Asked Cecil. "Daddy is a King." Said Havana. That's when Cecil realized that he was talking to a small princess. His eyes grew wider. "You're a Princess?" He asked her. "Yep!" Said Havana. Cecil lowers his massive head down as if he was trying to bow to her. "My apologies your majesty." He said. Havana giggles at the dragon. "You're funny!" She said with a smile. Cecil rises his head back up. "I'm serious." He said with concern. "I don't want anyone to see me, especially your father." "Its okay." Said the young Princess. "I won't tell." Cecil was surprised by the little girl's personality. "You won't?" He asked. "Nope." Said Havana. "Why?" Cecil asked confusingly. "I thought you were afraid of me." "I was." Said Havana. "But not anymore." Cecil was still confused. "But I'm a dragon." He continued. Havana walks even closer to him. "I know." She said. "But you're nice." She reaches her hand out and touches his snout. "A nice dragon." She continued. Cecil couldn't believe it. The little girl no longer had any fear of him because of what he was. Although he didn't want her to think so. He slowly moves his head a little farther away from her. Suddenly, Havana notices his wings. "What is it like to fly?" She asked. Cecil looks at his wings for a moment. "I don't know." He said not knowing what to say. "I've never thought about it." Havana smiles. "Is it beautiful?" She asked again. "I guess so." Said Cecil. Still confused, he looks back at her. "Why do you ask?" He said. Havana looks into the night sky. "I've always wanted to fly." She said. "I've dreamed it many times."