Chapter 33. Honor and Glory

Hours had passed, and Isaac wakes up in a nice comfy bed. As his vision became clear. He realized that he was back at home in his house. He looks over to the side and finds Conan sitting next to him in a wooden chair. Conan smiles at him with relief. "Rise and shine!" He said softly. "How are you feeling?" Isaac rubs the tiredness from his eyes. "Fine." He said. "I have such a headache." Suddenly, he remembers what had happened earlier. "Cecil!" He yelled. He tries to get out of bed but Conan stops him. "You just take easy there kid." He said helping him lay back down into his pillow. Isaac looks at Conan with concern about his companion. "Where's my dragon?" He asked. Conan remains silent for a moment. But just before he decided to tell him about Cecil, King Roden walks into his home to check out on him. Roden finds Isaac alert in his bed. "Ah!" He said. "You're awake! How do you feel?" "Fine your majesty." Said Isaac. "How is the Princess?" King Roden smiles. "Oh she's doing marvelous!" He said happily. "She's sleeping like a baby back at the Castle." He walks over and sets next to Isaac and Conan. "I know about your dragon." He continued. "Conan told me everything." "Where is he?" Isaac asked with concern. "Is he alright?" Roden takes a deep breath. "The knights went back earlier this evening." He said. "They've searched for him for hours." He calls for his royal guard. "Gregor!" He said. Gregor walks into Isaac's home with what appeared to be a horn in his hand. "The only thing we found was this." Roden continued. Gregor hands it to Roden and Roden hands it to Isaac. Isaac knew exactly where the horn came from. "Its Cecil's." Said softly. "Oh Cecil." Conan didn't know what to say to his buddy. Roden continues to explain the details about Cecil. "It isn't clear rather or not your dragon survived." He continued. "The body was never found. We did all we could." He puts his hand on his shoulder. "But know this." Roden continued. "He is no longer an enemy. He was a hero. You both are. You worked together as a team. You saved my daughter, and you fulfilled my father's dying wish by ending the war between dragons. And you're dragon saved you!" Isaac looks at his King with tears in his eyes. "Really?" He asked. "That's right kid." Said Conan. "He sure did." "And from this day forward," Conan said. "You and your dragon will be remembered forever for your heroism."