Chapter 3. The Exile

Cecil finally makes it into the Emperor's room. He looked exhausted from his trip. The only thing he brought back for Hex was a small fish. He nearly crash lands right in front of him from exhaustion. The rest of the minions surrounded him and began to tease him. "Well look who it is!" Said one. "Its about time you showed up!" Said another. "You're in BIG trouble now Cecil." Another laughed. As all the other dragons laughed at Cecil, he tries his best to get back up from where he had landed. Hex roars at the rest of his minions to end their laughter towards Cecil. "SILENCE!" He yelled. He then looks down at Cecil who was still trying to get back up. "Where have you been?" He asked with a much calmer tone of voice. Cecil finally looks back at his master directly into his eyes and explained. "I-I'm sorry your highness." He said softly. "F-forgive me. I-I've fell behind again." Hex was very disappointed with Cecil's lack of participation. "Have you even been to the village tonight?" He asked. "Y-yes your highness." Said Cecil. "Then what do you have to offer me?" Asked Hex. Cecil picks up the fish that he had brought with his dragon-like hand and shows it to him. "This your highness." He said. He throws it to his master's feet. Hex looks down at it and picks it up with HIS hand. He smells the dead fish a couple times before glancing back at Cecil. "Is THIS all you have to offer?" He asked. "A small, puny, little fish?" Cecil stays silent. The minions could only watch from behind. Suddenly, Hex throws the fish far to the side. "PATHETIC!" he growled. All the dragons including Cecil took a few steps back. They all knew that he had messed up worse than he has ever had before. "Did you really think that you could satisfy me with a thing like that?!" Hex continued with anger. Cecil became so scared that he was afraid to speak another word. Hex takes a deep breath and calms down his anger towards Cecil. "You have failed me for the last time Cecil." He continued. "You have been no help to me. You're too small and too weak. I cannot accept that." He leans back into his rocky throne and continues. "Cecil. I'm sentencing you to exile." Cecil quickly looks back up at Hex. The minions were disbelieved. "What?!" Asked Cecil. "You must leave this mountain and never return." Hex continued. Cecil tries to reason with his master. "B-but your highness." He said nervously. "This is my home! It's all I've got! Where would I go?" "That is no longer my concern." Said Hex. "Please!" Cried Cecil. "I beg you! Don't do this!" "ENOUGH!" snarled Hex. "Leave now before I change my mind and EXECUTE you instead! And if you ever come back, we will kill you!" Cecil was left with no other choice but to leave the mountain forever. He fled to the outside as quickly as he could before Hex had a chance to change his mind. He didn't know where he was going to go. He had just lost the home he was born and raised in, and now he must find a new home in order to survive.