I've Had Enough

Thirty-five weeks...

Carina arose from bed, trying not to wake Maya. There was no need for her to worry when there was nothing to worry about. As she knew her wife, she knew Maya would lose her mind over this. After grabbing her phone, she hurriedly stepped into the bathroom and stood before the sink. Her hands resting on the counter, she gently rocked her hips from side to side as a contraction rolled through her. She counted down in her head as to when it would end, her eyes focused on the timer she had set up on her phone to see how long the contraction lasted.

Okay, that didn't last very long. She thought to herself when the contraction passed. After turning off the timer, she logged it so she could keep track. As soon as that was done, she went to the bathroom before heading to the kitchen. Since she was already awake, she decided to get the day started. "Aria, wanna go out?" She asked the dog who at some point during the night had moved to her bed. Getting up quickly, the dog ran to the Italian. Wagging her tail, she sat down as Carina attached her leash. "Okay, let's go, girl." Once the leash was secure, they headed outside so Aria could do her business and run around for a while. When they returned indoors, Maya was already awake. Yawning, she walked out of the bedroom, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Morning. How long have you been awake?" The woman asked. The sound of her wife's voice when she had just woken up caused Carina to lightly chuckle. Carina took Aria off her leash before heading over to her wife and gently kissing her.

"Not for long." She whispered against her wife's lips. "I used the bathroom and then took Aria outside." She added, in between kisses. They pulled away after a few more moments.

"How's she doing this morning?" Maya asked, in reference to their daughter.

"Good. Still using Mama's bladder as a trampoline." A soft laugh escaped her lips. "We're getting so close, bambina." In agreement, Maya hummed and nodded.

"Any day now." Maya smiled softly. Carina sighed.

"Hopefully not for a couple of weeks yet. At least then, I'll be considered full term." She smiled softly in return. "It feels like she's running out of room in there even though she's tiny." Maya laughed softly.

"Well, Mama's also tiny, so..." she smiled as she trailed off, leaning in to kiss Carina again as she wrapped her arms around her waist. They remained that way for a few moments before eventually pulling away.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Carina asked. The two decided on pancakes, which sounded tasty to them both. During their meal, Carina checked her phone while they sat at the table. "At eleven A.M. on September second, we'll have our last appointment." Maya nodded in acknowledgment of her wife's words.

Taking a bite of her food, she replied. "Okay, I'll be there." Maya smiled softly. It was almost impossible for her to believe that this was their last appointment. Though the months had ticked by slowly, they had also flown by pretty fast at the same time. Still, she didn't feel prepared. The two of them finished the rest of their meal before returning back to their room to get ready for the day. Carina was glad she had chosen wisely. Instead of getting maternity clothes, she just got the larger sizes of everyday clothing. They looked much better to her.

"Do you think I should braid my hair or leave it down?" Carina asked Maya as she stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom. Maya looked at her.

"Um, I don't think I'm the right person to ask. I mean, I think you look cute either way." She shrugged. Carina rolled her eyes playfully.

"You're no help, bambina." She chuckled softly. Maya leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"No, sorry. But I love you." Maya smiled softly before grabbing her hairbrush from the counter. A light giggle escaped Carina's lips as she shook her head.