The Devastation Of Storm's

Trigger Warning: this chapter contains situations involving rape. Reader discretion is strongly advised.

Following a relaxing weekend, they had to return to their daily lives. Although they didn't want to. They could've stayed at the cabin forever but realistically, that was not an option. Maya groaned as the alarm sounded next to the bed. She rolled over and turned it off, trying to resist the urge to throw it at the wall.

"Back to reality." Maya sighed and pulled the covers off of herself. She rolled over as Carina opened her eyes, staring at her wife as she tried not to fall back to sleep. Maya slowly rolled on her stomach, reaching out to push some hair out of Carina's face. "Come on, we gotta get up."

"I know." Carina whined as she rolled over onto her back. "I'm just enjoying the last few seconds before we have to get back to work." She smiled.

"Maybe they have an update on your case. I'm not sure how HR works but maybe they accomplished something over the weekend." Maya shrugged.

"Maybe. Or they laugh in my face and tell me I'm overreacting, like Bailey did." Carina sighed and brushed her fingers through her hair as she sat up.

"Let's hope not. It's time for this to end." Maya replied. Carina got up and went to the bathroom, sighing softly. Even though she hoped that something had been accomplished, she didn't expect anyone to do anything about it.

--------

Carina stepped into the hospital with coffee in hand, feeling like it was going to be a good day. At least she hoped so. It was going to be difficult to mentally get back into the game after a weekend of relaxation. She would have stayed at the cabin forever if it meant they could have peace again. But realistically, she knew neither of them would give up their jobs. Despite how stressful they were at times. Putting her belongings into her cubby and ignoring another note, she headed out onto the floor.

"Good morning, Dr. DeLuca!" Jo greeted before heading towards her. "Did you have a good weekend?" She asked. Carina smiled softly as they walked to the desk.

"Really good, in fact. Maya and I enjoyed a weekend getaway and spent Christmas alone in a cozy cabin. It was hard to leave." Jo nodded in agreement. While she had spent the holidays in Seattle, she could relate to the peace of being with the one she loved without much distraction.

"We spent Christmas Eve with Meredith and the kids, but otherwise we stayed at the loft." Jo shrugged. "What are we doing today?" She asked.

"Today, Janelle is coming in." Carina smiled. Jaynelle was one of her VIP patients. During her time running a foster home in Seattle, she often took in teenagers with a history of prostitution or who came from very difficult backgrounds. In order to ensure the health of these teenagers, Carina would do basic checkups on them. "She's bringing in a sixteen-year-old girl. She's in her twelfth foster home, excluding the year she spent on the streets."

"The poor kid." Jo sighed. She knew from experience how difficult the foster system was. Older kids rarely get adopted because people prefer babies and young children they can raise from scratch.

"If you want to meet me in room 2-C, I'll get some supplies from the closet. They should be arriving any minute." Carina smiled, then they parted ways. She had no idea someone was watching her. She could feel someone behind her, staring at her while searching through the bins but she ignored it. A door shut behind her, making her turn around. She froze on the spot, shivers running down her spine when she saw who it was.

(Trigger Warning)

"I thought I told you to leave me alone." Carina muttered as she reached to take another item from the shelf. She felt her heart begin to race as Ray drew closer. She didn't like being alone in a closet with him. Or the fact that he was getting closer.