Chapter 17- Icarus

Start from the beginning

"You're going to kill him..." Tears stained her cheeks. Cleft was sleazy and had a horrible track record but he was useful and deep down he wanted to change. To be free of the debts he owed. What a twisted way to get out of such stress. Y\N inhaled and exhaled trying to calm herself down.

"Yes." Kuro responded.

"You son of a bitch!-" Unrestrained Y\N sent her hand across his face slapping him as hard as she could muster.

Instantly Andres restrained her, pulling her away and forcing her down onto the floor. Shifting his weight, his knee drived into her back to keep her down, simultaneously knocking the breath from her.

Seething Kuro brings a hand to his cheek, red and stinging. Y\N watched through obstructed vision; blurred lights and her hair covering her face blocking out what was happening. Y\N expected Kuro to lash out, to respond with revenge in a sense. She braced herself for something that never occured. Instead, Kuro ordered Andres to get off of her. Staying down Y\N focused on getting oxygen back in her lungs before lifting herself to stand on shaking legs.

"Are you going to kill me too?" She spoke in between breaths.

"You can leave now." Kuro addressed Andres who straightened his posture and nodded. Watching him leave without looking back was a knife twist to Y\N.

'Is he truly not scared of me?'

"I do not want to repeat myself but for you I will." His fierce expression softened as he approached her one more time. Flinching as he lifted a hand to brush the H\C locks out of her eyes. "You are safe."

Furrowing her eyebrows together in distrust her body goes rigid at the feeling of his lips on hers. Tender and soft, but overall unwarranted. Shivering turns to ease at the comforting touch of his palm cupping her face gently. Y\N felt disoriented by the action, pulling away her head sharply turns toward the basement door as the shattering helplessness engulfs her once again with the sound of a gun firing. Falling down to her knees, her hands cover her ears. No tears fell as she had none to shed. Kuro froze in place standing next to her, he too was staring at the door in surprise.

This wasn't supposed to happen so soon.

Turning his focus to Y\N his hand is extended to help her up. Being slapped away she falls back and crawls slightly, the terror on her face enough to be pitied. Standing Y\N shakes her head in disbelief of all that's transpired.

"Don't touch me.." Her voice is light on the still air. Turning she sprints down the hallway. Directionless and clumsy.

Where would she go? Her place was in the basement, which now is the deathbed of a man she worked along side. The thought of all the ways Cleft's brains could have been splattered onto the walls caused Y\N's stomach to nearly wrench, catching herself from doing so she swallows hard.

'Disgusting.'

Continuing to run, a little slower due to the fatigue, she pauses at sight of Flavio.

'He can help me!' The desperation clung to her. He was her last hope.

"Flav!-" Nearly skidding to a stop to avoid running into Luciano E\C eyes widen on impact. The short Italian man braced himself and caught her from falling back. When she got her footing he released.

"Where's the fire?" He comments sarcastically.

"I-I..I" Looking over her shoulder she notices that Kuro wasn't following her. No one was around other than Flavio who backed up to see what the noise was about.

"Oh you look dreadful." The bottle blonde frowned.

"You are responsible for this!" Y\N switched her frustration onto them both. "Kuro and Lutz are being too kind to me and- and Lutz fucking killed someone! You killed Cleft... You got him killed.." Y\N balled up a fist and lightly struck Luciano's chest. Not aiming to hurt him but to drive her point of despair.

"Hm. Lutz is the one that captured the Frenchman it's his call." Luciano answered in a manner that was nonchalant.

"What?!" Y\N's mouth hung open in shock.

"As for Kuro... He hasn't been very responsive recently." Flavio added, leaning against the doorway to his office with arms folded across his chest. "Lost in thought most times I have seen him."

"Huh?" Y\N stared between the two. The adrenaline rush fading quickly.

"You should take her to an empty room for now. Poor thing has been through a lot Luci." Flavio gave a sympathetic smile at her.

Luciano glares at his brother for referring to him with an unfavorable nickname but turns to face Y\N, grabbing her wrist. "Come on." He drags her behind without any hesitation.

"Try to get some sleep darling!" Flavio calls to her with an enthusiastic tone unfitting the situation.

-

Luciano opened a bedroom door and stepped inside with Y\N in tow. The room was small, fit for a child. Being pushed in so the door can be closed behind her, Y\N stumbles her way to the twin sized bed.

'better than a chair or the cement floor.'

"Give me your arm." Luciano found his way beside her and took her by the hand as she shook her head no. "Not an option. This is for all of our safety. Got it?" His words puzzled her but hearing the light clinging of metal it was to be expected. The cold metal of the handcuffs sent shivers down her spine. The scars from the last time she found herself chained to a bed were still painful.

"Get some rest, I will get you for dinner." His back faces her. "Julia will not know of this, okay?"

Y\N furrowed her brows.

'What did it matter if Julia knew? What part of 'this' was he referring to anyways? '

Before any questions could be asked she finds herself alone in a child's  bedroom, surrounded by shelves of wooden toys and picture books covered in dust. This room has been vacant for a long time. Laying down on the bed Y\N struggles slightly to keep her eyes open. Sleep was a siren's song pulling her into the murky waters and she is of too weak a resolve to fight it. Dozing off she embraces the cold that shrouds her figure.

~
-To Be Continued-
~

Total Word Count: 2309