Chapter 17- Icarus

Start from the beginning

Kuro didn't pay her much mind as he disappeared from sight as he went up the stairs. Y\N stood slowly, keeping her attention focused on the direction the dark haired man went to. Backing away she turns to search around the room in hopes of finding anything that could be useful. A broken pipe, a shard of glass, hell- even frayed rope but her search is unfruitful as she hears fast approaching footfall. Before she is even able to turn around both her arms are seized and pulled aggressively behind her back.

"Stop!" Tears fell in blobs from her chin. Frantic and afraid she whips her entire body around, struggling to free herself to no avail. A hand covers her mouth forcefully to silence her from screaming.

'Is this it? Is this how I die?'

"Listen to me Y\N."

The voice alerts her of the situation she has gotten into. 

'Andres?'

Y\N couldn't help hyperventilating as her lungs squeezed in. The hand covering her mouth was an added obstacle.

"You will be fine as long as you stay quiet and keep moving. Do not draw attention." The rumble of his voice reverberated through her skull due to how close the two were pressed against each other.

As badly as she wanted to question him she was not given the time to as he pushed Y\N in front of him, encouraging her to continue walking he held her hands behind her back, his grip wasn't as firm this time around. Tripping over her own feet Andres promptly picks her up and pushes her forward to the stairwell.

"Where are we going?" Y\N whispers out. Going rigid as the door at the top of the stairs opens. Staring back at Andres with a questioning expression he only shoves her to go up. Looking in front of herself, Y\N steps slowly and carefully. Moving to the side of the stairs with guidance from Andres. E\C eyes clash with purple as she sees Lutz briefly before another man starts there way down the steps. Hesitating slightly as recognition registers.

The man is limping, bruised and bleeding. His once grey hair now having splotches of red. His eyes are covered by clothe which is unfortunate as Lutz pushes him forward. Nearly losing his balance and falling down the rest of the stairs before catching himself the man's raspy voice scolds "watch it." The French was enough to confirm the identity.

"Cleft?" Y\N felt sick knowing he was here, being tortured. He'd sell out too quickly in order to save his skin.

At the sound of the feminine voice the man's head turns in the direction it came from.

"Rosaline? Please help me!"

"I didn't say you can stop." Lutz glanced over to Y\N with an appalling smile. Time seemed to be moving in slow motion as Lutz's hand moved to grab hold of Clefts shoulders. Brutally the Frenchman is shoved with no chance of recovering his balance due to the injuries he's sustained.

"No!" Y\N screams to which Andre lets go of her hands and picks her up. Carrying her up the rest of the way as Lutz laughs sinisterly the rest of the way down to the basement.

"What the fuck was that about!?" Her temper exploded, body shaking as she is set down.

Kuro closed the door behind them. "I apologize for being dishonest with you Y\N."

Turning to face him she felt about ready to throw a punch but she knew better of the fit of rage. They used her as a prompt to get Cleft to talk in hopes his stubborn nature would be drowned out knowing a colleague was also captured.

'Has he not sold out any information already?'

"You are safe though." The way Kuro was staring at her made her resent him more.