High Up Places

"I swear really again?" Peter grumbled as he stared at the top shelf of his cabinet. He was trying to get a bowl down so he could eat the leftover chilli aunt May had sent him with after their weekly Sunday dinner. Wade who always insisted on doing the dishes despite Peter saying he could help out had chosen to put the only clean bowls on the top shelf.

Peter went to look for his webshooter it was also gone. "Wade! Have you seen my webshooter? Second how many times have I told you not to put the bowls on the top shelf?" Peter asked as he walked into the living room where Wade was sitting on the couch petting his cat.

Wade had randomly found a cat somewhere and brought it home. Peter had protested saying they didn't have time to take care of it. Wade persisted and Peter relented not being able to say no to the man's baby eyes. "I don't know about your webshooter." Wade said shrugging.

Peter glared at Wade knowing he was lying. "Okay okay maybe I borrowed it again. What you always swing across the city and it looks so fun!" Wade said he held his arms out in a exaggerated gesture accidentally hitting Spidercat as Wade had named him.

Spidercat hissed at Wade before dashing off towards their bedroom. Peter shook his head he swore that cat got punished by Wade random antics. It was still better than the time that he had gotten a call and forgot he had the cat in his arms. Spidercat was traumatized that day.

  "Wade I told you not to mess with them! What did you do with them?" Peter asked he glared at Wade he felt like he was scolding a naughty child. Wade grinned nervously he pulled it out of his pocket he put the clearly broken webshooter in Wade's hand.

Peter groaned he was going to have to fix them. Again. For the third time that month since Wade wouldn't stop messing with them. Peter held out his hand for his webshooter Wade handed it to him it still was smashed horribly he didn't know if he wanted to know how Wade broke it this time.

"Where's the other one?" Peter asked he noticed he only had one.

"Um, well let's just say Gobbie completely smashed that one to pieces." Wade said shrugging he tried to slink away.

"Oh, no you don't. Since I can't use my webshooters  to web the bowls down and you so graciously put them on the top shelf which I can't reach you can get it down for me." Peter said he grabbed Wade's shoulder as he tried to walk by. Peter dragged him to the kitchen so he could finally achieve the simple objective of trying to get his dinner after a long day of dealing with J. Jonah Jameson's yelling that Wade had made complicated.

  Wade finally got the bowl down Peter thanked him aunt May had raised him with manners after all even if he was annoyed with Wade. "I think you put those bowls up there on purpose. Either to be annoying or so I have to come get you to eat." Peter said he was willing to guess it would be either reason or both.

"Yes." Wade said before walking away leaving a irriated and confused Peter to sit at the table.