Your My Best Friend Part 3

Warnings: brief non descriptive descriptions of child abuse and self harm

By the second semester of school Peter had broken up with Betty. He was upset and Wade once again comforted him. Wade thought that now he'd make his move. He had rehearsed what he wanted to say to himself several times to make sure he got it right. He had also told Peter that he wanted to talk to him that night at his house.

Wade knew if he thought about it to much that he would chicken out. He made sure he couldn't by making the plan at his own house. That was unless he was going to run out of his house into the cold winter night. Which he didn't want to do.

It was almost Christmas and Wade had decorated for the occasion. He had put up a tree which was decorated with probably to many decorations. His house had lights lining the roof and he was wearing a ugly Christmas sweater that Peter had said looked like a flaming pile of puke.

Wade was making dinner for him and Peter. He was going to wait untill the last minute to tell him. They were also going to hangout. Wade didn't have any family to be with during Christmas so Peter insisted he come over. Peter had also been invited to Peter and May's Christmas.

Wade had declined even if it was tempting. He didn't want to feel like he was intruding even if he'd been reassured that he wasn't. Wade heard a knock on his door he ran to it instantly. He was happy and nervous for Peter's arrival.

Wade opened the door Peter was standing their grinning at him. Peter had his hood down his hair was a mess and it had snowflakes still in it from his trek outside. "Hi." Peter said he was holding a brightly colored box in his hands.

Wade smiled back, "Hello, Peter would you like to come in? Or does it appease you more to sit out there and freeze?" Wade joked he held his hand out for Peter to take. Peter took Wade's hand he allowed the man to help him inside.

Wade felt his heart thud loudly in his chest. Peter's hand was cold due to being outside it was a sharp contrast to his warm one. "I'll come in jeez it's cold out there! I should have listened to Aunt May and brought a hat." Peter said he sat the present down on the table and rubbed his hands together trying to get more warmth back into them.

Wade smiled at him one more time before going back to the food. "Got a present for May I see." Wade said he watched as Peter took of his coat throwing it haphazardly on Wade's kitchen floor before walking over to the tree and putting the gift under it.

"It's for you dumby. Tis the season and all." Peter said he walked up behind Wade. Peter put his head on Wade's shoulder he appeared to melt finally now that he was inside and warm. Wade tensed under him not expecting it but he calmed down.

"Hmm what you cooking? Smells good." Peter said he continued laying his head on Wade's shoulder. He looked down at what Wade was cooking in a pan.

"I'm making tacos that good?" Wade asked he felt Peter move closer to him. Wade could feel Peter flush against his back now. "Peter what are you doing?" Wade asked his face was bright red from the closeness of Peter and he swear his voice got at least an octave higher than usual.

"Your warm and I'm cold so deal with it." Peter grumbled he snuggled his face against Wade's neck. Wade was mortified because of how much this was affecting him. He wished that Peter would want to be this close to him all the time. Peter didn't like him. Their had to be a reason for this sudden behavior right? He'd said he was cold. That was it yeah.

Wade finished the tacos shortly. "Peter you have to let go of me otherwise we can't eat." Wade said he chuckled when Peter gave a disappointed whine. He let go finally and plopped down in a chair. Wade served him his taco like they usually did. Peter wasn't lazy he knew so he didn't mind serving him food.

Peter had some nighttime job that Wade didn't know about. He didn't feel like he should ask since Peter always got defenseless when he was asked. Wade figured that he had it to help Aunt May with rent or to afford his tuition when he went to college.

Wade didn't mind though because he had things he never told anyone. He thought that his dad might have been abusive. He didn't remember much about him since his memory had huge holes in it. Wade did see the scars littered across his skin though. It ranges from cigarette burns to knife cuts.

Wade pushed the thoughts of his family out of his head. He didn't want to think about it right now. Not to mention he could have done it to himself. He'd had bad patches in his life. He guessed he'd never truly know. He didn't really want to know anyways.

Wade sat two plates down at the table. He pulled a chair up next to Peter. "So what do you want to talk about?" Peter asked he had picked up his taco. Wade held up a finger to signal he needed a minute. He had just stuffed a good bit of his taco in his mouth.

"Can it wait untill after dinner and after we open our gifts?" Wade answered after a few seconds he sounded nervous despite willing himself not to be.

"Alright you make great tacos so I'll let it slide." Peter joked. Wade chuckled he pushed the inevitable conversation he was going to have to have with Peter out of his mind. He'd come to it when he had to. Right now he just wanted to enjoy his Christmas Eve with his best friend and crush.