17

Why's my phone ringing?

I reach over to my night stand to grab my phone that is obnoxiously blaring.

I answer it and put it to my ear trying not to wake Chase up.

"Hello?"

"Hey river it's remy." My sister that's getting married.

Why is she calling?

"Sorry to call so late but the flight was delayed so y'all don't have to be there until 6:30 your time." She said.

"Oh ok that'll work." I say.

"Alright I'll let you sleep a little longer I love good night have a safe flight."

"Love you to."

I put my phone in the night stand and roll over on my back I don't know if I'm going to be able to go back to sleep or not.

Just as I was about to close my eyes chase rolls over on top of me.

I CANT BREATHE!

"Chase what are you doing?"

"Honey shushhh." He said putting his finger up.

"Well I kinda can't breathe dude." I say poking his shoulder.

"Did you just call me dude?" He says lifting up his head.

"Yea I did."

"We'll I was going to get up but I guess not anymore." He says laying his head back down.

Memphis starts crying from his room.

"Haha now you have to get up duty calls." I say pushing him as best as I can.

"Tell Memphis I said he has bad timing." He said putting the blanket over his head.

I laugh walking out of the room.

I peek my head into Memphis's room seeing him setting up with one of his arms out of his sleeper.

I don't know how that happened.

"Hi baby what's wrong?" I question him.

I pick him up and walk over to the rocking chair in the corner of the room.

I lift my shirt up so he can latch on and he does pretty quickly.

"Are you ready to see all over your aunts and your grand parents and your two uncles? I ask him but he doesn't respond.

He's getting so big. He's looking more and more like me and I'm thankful for that.

After a little while he unlatches and I pull my shirt down.

I go to stand and put him in his crib but he starts crying.

"What's wrong?" I ask in a baby voice.

I try and put him down again but he won't go.