𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥

Jordain lay on his couch flipping over a queen of hearts card over and over

Jordain lay on his couch flipping over a queen of hearts card over and over. He flipped it over again but the face changed, it was burnt out, instead of looking like the normal queen of hearts. He flipped it over again a couple more times making him think of a few nights ago.

"You going to do a magic trick?" Jordan asked as he watched Ava mess with a lighter a couple of times.

"No, but you are," Ava replied making Jordan raise an eyebrow.

"I only know one trick and it's with a playing card," Jordan said.

"Well, this one involves a lighter and your hand," Ava said making Jordan raise an eyebrow as he chuckled.

"This is sounding less like a magic trick and more like assault," Jordan said and Ava chuckled while smirking.

"I already have a record of what adding assault of a deputy. It's a little dangerous, yes." Ava said smirking. "But it's not as bad as being lit on fire in a deputy sheriff's car. Which by the way, you walked away from unscathed." She said and he shook his head, smiling.

"Not entirely. I had to pay for the uniform." He said making Ava laugh.

"Give me your hand," Ava said holding her hand out. He stared at her for a moment before placing his hand on hers.

"I think I've seen something like this in a movie," Jordan said as she turned his hand with his palm down.

"Lawrence of Arabia," Ava said instantly. "You made me watch near the end of the summer."

"Remind me what the trick was?" Jordan asked and Ava smiled.

"Not minding," Ava said smirking before flicking the lighter on.

Ava held the lighter under Jordan's hand for a few seconds before quickly pulling his hand back. "Ow, son of a..." He said making her laugh.

"You can last longer than that. This time...I want you to do something different. Don't think about the flame. Don't think about the heat. Don't think about it hurting. Don't even look at it...Look at me." Ava suggested and Jordan stared at her for a few moments before nodding.

"Okay," Jordan said making her smile and Jordan held out his hand.

Ava held the lighter under his hand before flicking it on and holding it so the flame touched his hand. She stared at him while he seemed to be in a trance. And a few minutes later, Ava hissed pulling her hand away and making Jordan snap out of his trance.

"Ow."

"What? What happened?" Jordan asked.

"My thumb was too close to the flame," Ava replied and Jordan looked at her thumb which had a small red mark.

"Are you okay?" Jordan asked as she showed him her thumb and how the red mark was disappearing.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've healed. What about you?" Ava asked. Jordan looked down at his hand and wiped the smudge away but his hand was completely alright like the flame was never there. "Did it hurt?" She asked and he looked at her and shook his head making Ava grab his hand and intertwine their fingers. "When you were looking at me...Your eyes kind of drifted. What were you thinking about?"