Chapter#6 : Codeword LOVE

The guard at the front door of the mansion was waiting patiently for the guests to arrive. As the first car pulled up, he greeted the driver with a smile.

"Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. It's wonderful to have you here with us on this wonderful occasion of joy," the host announced in the background.

The guard stepped forward and asked politely, "Could I please have the invitation card, sir?"

After verifying the invitation, the guard welcomed the guests and opened the door for them. "Good Evening, Mr. Alexander. I believe you should be Miss Lilly, am I right lovely lady?" he said, smiling warmly.

Lilly blushed at the compliment. "Yes," she replied, returning the smile.

"Have a pleasant stay, sir. Your room key is here. Please go this way," the guard said, pointing them in the direction of their room.

As they walked towards their room, Lilly's eyes widened in amazement. The mansion was unlike anything she had ever seen before, and she was awestruck by its grandeur. "Oh wow, I suppose that's what I've been missing out on," she said to Alexander. You know what, Alexander, it's-" she trailed off as Alexander interrupted her.

"You can call me either Alex or perhaps baby," he whispered with a sly grin.

Lilly blushed, feeling a little embarrassed. "Ah- well, as we are husband and wife right now, never mind, let's focus on our mission! Let me grab the room key."

"The room key? Why, moreover? Is it a mansion or a hotel?" Lilly asked.

"It was a mansion in 1995, but in 2000, it was renovated into a seven-star hotel," Alexander explained.

On the way to there room, Lilly suggested that they use a code word to refer to their mission, to avoid anyone overhearing them.

"Do you not think that the word 'MISSION' should be changed to something more personalized so that we may discuss it openly?" Lilly asked.

"Although it is not required, you can as long as you want," Alexander replied.
"I was thinking, what about 'LOVE'?" Lilly suggested.

"Love?" Alexander repeated.

"Yes, look, we can easily use it as 'We should take our love seriously!' 'We should focus on our love!'" Lilly explained.

"We should make some love...!" Alexander said with a smirk, causing Lilly to blush once again.

"What the hell, hold on. He is the one who claimed that time is limited," Lilly muttered to herself as Alexander walked away, his phone ringing.

On the other side Lilly's mom froze in shock, her hands trembling as she held onto the phone. She couldn't believe what she just heard. Her daughter, with the son of the president? At an engagement party? What was she doing there? Was she safe? These thoughts raced through her mind as she paced around the room.

"I won't permit this girl to leave the house ever again," she muttered under her breath. "What if I lose her too, like her deceased father? Oh God, please save my little one. But why am I concerned for her? She might be working on her laptop while she was sitting in an office. Yes, that's what she is doing right now."

Just then, the phone rang again, and she picked it up, hoping for some answers.

"Hello?" she answered, her voice shaking with fear.

"Hello!! I'm calling to let you know that your daughter is currently with the son of the president, and the two of them are at the engagement party for Mr. Peter Barlow's son," the person on the other end said.

"Wh- who are you?? I don't believe you. I know my child never do this. And why should I believe you??" Lilly's mom retorted.

"It's not important who I am. You should be worried for Lilly. She is not safe!!" the person warned.

"Wh- why??? How??" Lilly's mom asked desperately.

But before she could get any answers, the person on the other end hung up.

Meanwhile, at the president's office, Jake informed his boss about the call.

"Jake, did Alexander inform you yet??" the president asked.

"Not yet, sir," Jake replied.

"Okay, let me know as soon as you have any reports, and please remind him that we only have four days to finish our mission," the president instructed.

Lilly's mom was left to wonder about her daughter's safety as she sat there, helpless and worried

As Lilly and Alexander entered the mansion room, and she was a little hesitant. She had heard rumors about Alexander's personality, and she wasn't sure what to expect. She took a deep breath and decided to break the ice.

"I believed you to be a harsh, temperamental, strange, and elderly person. But-" Lilly trailed off.

"But what am I more than that?" Alexander asked, with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"No. You don't have a baad attitude. Certainly not with me. Can I ask why?" Lilly asked, genuinely curious.

"There is nothing exceptional about it; it's simply that I am in charge of you throughout this LOVE," Alexander replied.

"Love? Oh, the code word!" Lilly exclaimed, realizing what he meant.

"Silly girl, go get ready now!" Alexander said with a chuckle.

Lilly couldn't help but smile as she headed to her room. She got dressed and headed back to the mansion room.