Chapter 38: Through the Veil.

Black shapes emerged out of thin air all around us, blocking our way left and right; eyes glinted through slits in hoods, a dozen lit wand tips pointed directly at our hearts. Maybe more. Ginny gave a gasp of horror. So did Sophie. 

"Death Eaters." I hissed.

"Sophie. Get behind me." Ryan ordered as Sophie held out her wand while covering behind her big brother. Only to back up into Titan.

"Sophie..." Titan said.

"To me, Potter." The Repeated drawling voice ordered. I recognized it as Lucius Malfoy as he held out his hand, palm up. 

I felt panicked. We were trapped and outnumbered.

"Malfoy. You're here too. Surprise, surprise." Ryan grumbled. 

"Hello, Potter. Miss. Bauer." Another voice called out from a mask. And I knew what that one was. "Been quite a while." 

"Snyde." Harry and I both hissed.

"So kind of you to remember me. We never did finish what we started in the graveyard. You left so suddenly." Snyde taunted. "But I'm willing to let bygones be bygones if you hand over the Prophecy." 

"Never!" Sophie yelled.

"Never!" Titan repeated.

"And I'm willing to let bygones be bygones if you tell me where Sirius is!" Harry shot back. 

Several of the Death Eaters laughed; a harsh female voice from the midst of the shadowy figures to my left said triumphantly. "The Dark Lord always knows!" 

"Always." Malfoy echoed softly. "Now, give me the Prophecy, Potter." 

"I want to know where Sirius is!" Harry shot down. 

"I want to know where Sirius is!" The Woman to our left mimed.

"I guess we should be feeling pretty stupid right now." I guessed. "There's not by any chance that you're... hoarding him away are you?"

Snyde shook his head. 

"Yeah... I didn't think so." I replied while breathing heavy. 

The Death Eaters had closed in so that they were mere feet away from us, the light from their wands dazzling my eyes.

"No, Kassie, they've got him." Harry said desperately. "He's here. I know he is." 

"The little baby woke up frightened and fwort what it dweamed was twoo." The Woman mocked in a horrible mock baby voice. I felt Ron stir beside me.

"Steady, Ron." Anubis whispered.

"Don't do anything." Harry muttered. "Not yet-" 

The woman who was mimicking Ron let out a raucous scream of laughter. "You hear him? You hear him? Giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!" 

"Oh, you don't know Potter as I do, Bellatrix." Malfoy said softly. "He has a great weakness for heroics; the Dark Lord understands this about them. Now give me the Prophecy, Potter." 

"Well... it is a hero thing." I commented. 

"I know he's here." Harry said sounding panicked. "I know you've got him!" 

More of the Death Eaters laughed, though that Bellatrix lady, laughed the loudest of all.

"Bellatrix Lestrange, I presume." I said to that woman. 

The Woman laughed hysterically. "Oh... that must make you the Greek Freak. I'll take great pleasure in eliminating you!" 

"Just try it, Lestrange." Neville threatened  while walking up pointing his wand at Bellatrix.