Chapter 1: The Circle Back together.

The more I thought about my friends. I received another letter from my other friend and fellow Gryffindor. Neville Longbottom. I read it after getting it from my Owl, Athena. I named her that for very obvious reasons. You know Owls being full of wisdom and and Athena being the Greek Goddess of Wisdom. Things were still the same, both he and his Grandmother believed me and Harry that Voldemort was back. "Is that another letter from Neville?" Mater asked me.

"Yes." I answered.

"You've been getting quite a lot of letters from him, lately." Mater noticed.

"I...haven't really noticed." I said awkwardly. The truth was I did notice. Both Neville and I were communicating through letters almost every day since the end of term. I read them quite a lot. Neville asking me if I was doing fine. I told him that I was doing fine. And he would tell me about his day. What his Gran would have him do. Visiting his parents. All the fascinating stuff about Herbology plants. And I would tell him about my training. Some cool stuff about Magical Creatures. That sort of thing. How I was feeling. The Weather. All that sort of stuff. 

"It's okay, Kassie." Mater said. "I used to write to your Father and my friends all the time when I was your age. I mean my Parents weren't too thrilled that I was communicating through 'bloody witchcraft' but... I didn't care. I was already an abomination to their eyes." 

"You don't think I'm an abomination, do you?" I asked.

"Never." Mater answered. "What kind of question is that?"

I shrugged. "Sorry, Mater." I then looked at some of the old photos in our house. "Do you still talk to your friends?" I asked.

"I still talk to them from time to time." Mater answered. "I guess after we all started our own families... our focus shifted to them. We all married, had children. They all had daughters. I was the odd one out." 

"Because you had Jacob and Ethan?" I asked. 

"Yes." Mater answered. Then she looked at me. "But now... I can safely say that I have a daughter as well. You." 

I smiled at that. 

Then Mater thought some more. Whatever she was thinking, it must've been something deep. "What is it?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing, Kassie. Just thinking about my old Dormmates. We were all like sisters in Hogwarts. Just us Hufflepuff Gals." Mater smiled. "Much better family then the one I had at my original home at any rate. We did the usual stuff. We attended classes, got into a bit of trouble with the Squib Caretaker, went into the Forbidden Forest, broke a few rules, got detention, but it didn't matter what we did, we had each other." 

"You did that type of stuff too?" I asked. 

"Of course." Mater answered laughing. "Come on, Kassie. Did you really think that your brothers were the first in our family to break rules? Or you for that matter." I still remember when you Father snuck me into the Prefects Bathroom one time."

I had been to the Prefects Bathroom. It was very nice. I could see why Pater would take Mater in there. "It might as well have been a whole public bath house." I commented.

Mater laughed. "You're not wrong. I wonder if they've refurbished it. I know I could go with some cold water right now." She said thinking about the weather. 

"I could do with some cold in the air right now." I admitted. 

At least at night, I could watch the stars outside my sky. And looked at the Constellations. Laying out on the night sky. I always enjoyed moments like this. And also listening to some music. And also enjoying some Lemonade that Mater had made. Times of peace. It almost made you think that there wasn't a war going on right now. I also stroked Athena's head as I was laying down.