Chapter 14: Reign of Terror.

(Kassandra P.O.V)

It was one thing to go to detention to Umbitch's office. Except this time, I had to do it for another week. And this time, I had to do it alone without Harry. After yet another day of long and tired classes, (One of the joys of O.W.L year) I found myself leaving my friends and heading up to the Toad Wart at 5. I knocked on her door. "Enter." The voice of Umbitch called from within.

The only difference was this time, there was only one desk. One parchment, one torture quill. "Well, I do believe you know what happens next. Least you've forgotten." The Toad Wart said.

"I haven't." I held out my hand to prove it.

"Sit." Umbitch ordered.

I sat in that chair. "Good Girl." Umbitch smirked as if I was a mere dog. 

The Quill still performed its torture on me. It carved more of the words in my hand. 'I am a street rat and I have no real family.'

It hurt as always. 'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' More blood had dripped from my hand.

'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' The pain was still excruciating.

'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' It hurt so much.

'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' I think the blood had also slivered down from the table.

"What's the matter?" Umbitch asked with such an ugly grin on her face. "Where are your friends now, I wonder? Abandon their little 'friend?'" She then looked at me. "Oh, they have, haven't they?" 

"No, they wouldn't." I replied. 'I am a street rat and I have no real family.'

"Tut-tut... still not getting the message, are you?" Umbitch asked. "Don't you get it yet, you Stupid Girl? You are a Street Rat and you have no real family. Just look at the writing on your hand."  

I looked. The words were now covered in red. 'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' It said.

"Well, continue on with it until the message gets through." Umbitch said.

'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' I continued on with the writing.

'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' Gods, if they were out there and listening to me... I begged them to come and get me out of this mess. 

'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' It wasn't getting any easier with the pain.

After many hours. Umbitch reached out for my hand. "Hand." She reached out for it. "Very powerful message. Though I suppose better safe than sorry. You will come back for the remainder of the week." 

Tuesday night brought more of the same. The same torture. The same pain. Me repeating those words in my head... over and over. Writing them all down. 'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' 'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' 'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' 'I am a street rat and I have no real family.' There was something about writing it over and over that made it so incredibly painful. And the sad part was... I was even starting to believe that I was a Street Rat. And I had no real family. But I had to stay strong. I couldn't believe those words. No matter how bad it hurt. I looked at an old picture I had in my trunk. One of me along with my brothers, and Mater. All of us smiling and with each other. That was my family. But then I looked at my own hand. I just wanted to see them again so badly.