Chapter 7: Trial by Wizard.

To say that this whole experience was scary, would be an understatement. The large dungeon was horribly familiar. It was the same dungeon that I had seen in my fourth year. In Dumbledore's Pensieve, the place where the Lestranges were sentenced to life imprisonment in Azkaban.

"Oh no." I whimpered. I knew what the Ministry was here for. They were going to put Harry in Azkaban. And my thoughts were now of me trying to figure out ways to get Harry out of Azkaban. The walls around us were made of dark stone, dimly lit by torches. Empty benches rose on either side of the room, but ahead, in the highest benches of all, were many shadowy figures. They had been talking in low voices, but as the heavy door swung closed behind us, an ominous silence fell.

Jacob took me by one of the empty benches along with Corey, Barnaby, and Saahira.

Ethan in the meantime went right up to the middle. I could see Fudge himself. The Malaka who didn't believe Dumbledore that night. The last time I saw him at least. Usually he was often spotted in a lime green bowler hat, though today he had dispensed with it; he had dispensed too his usual indulgent smile. "What's the meaning of this, Minister?" Ethan demanded. "Why was the schedule and the time placed for Harry at the last minute?" 

"How dare you-" Someone tried to say.

"Silence." Fudge beckoned. "I apologize for the confusion, Mr. Bauer. But I felt that a crime of this magnitude was called for more drastic measures. We did however send Mr. Potter an Owl this morning-"  

"Which was sent 10 minutes before Harry even arrived at the Ministry." Ethan countered.

Fudge looked like he really could've cared less. "Oh, it was? That's annoying." He brushed off. Then he noticed me. "Mr. Bauer. Why have you brought your sister-" 

"She stands as Witness for the Defense." Ethan answered. And the look on his face said it all. And I think that Fudge knew Ethan was not going to be denied. 

"Very well." Fudge then turned his attention to Harry. I think there was a scowl in his voice. As if his whole plans to throw Harry in Azkaban were ruined. "Take your seat." 

Harry dropped his gaze to the chair in the center of the room, the arms of which were covered in chains. I'd seen those chains spring to life and bind whoever sat between them. Poor Harry. He must've been so nervous when his footsteps echoed loudly as he walked across the stone floor. When he sat on the edge of the chair, the chains clinked, but did not move. I felt so sick. And I think Harry felt the same way.

And next to Fudge's left, there was a broad squared jawed witch with short grey hair, she wore a molecule and looked forbidding. On Fudge's right, saw another witch, but she was sitting so far back on the bench that her face was in shadow.

There were about 50 or so people up on the stands. They all wore red robes with an elaborately worked silver W on the left hand side of the chest and all staring down their noses at Harry. Too bad we didn't have Mathew Murdock with us. He could get Harry out of here in a flash. 

"Barnaby? Do you still have that sack of Galleons?" I asked nervously.

"Don't worry, Kassie. It's already been taken care of." Barnaby assured me. He pointed to two Wizards wearing Red Robes next to us. They were grinning at the Galleons and gave Barnaby a thumbs up in return.

Barnaby gave a thumbs up back. While Jacob smacked his head. "Oh. We are so dead." He muttered.

"The accused being present- finally- as well as witnesses showing up. Let us begin. Are you ready?" Fudge called down the row.

"Yes sir." Came an eager voice that I knew. Percy was sitting at the very end of the front bench. His stupid eyes were fixed on his stupid parchment. 

"Traitor." I hissed.