PART 20: Alex Brown

PART 20: Alex Brown

Hungary, the last grand prix before summer break. Everyone was on edge as the battle for the championship continues. Max has a 9point lead going it to summer. This is the last time Athena can gain points to take the lead.

With nine grand prix to go before the final race in Abu Dhabi the tension has risen. Charles and Ferrari have fallen from the battle, with a 31point gap on Athena in second.

Walking on the paddock with Angela to a presses conference. "I do want to worn you that Alex Brown from Sports today will be in there." Angela said.

"OH." It was no secret that Athena disliked Alex Brown. He had always pushed her buttons the wrong way. Alex often pushed the fact that she was a woman in the sport. Saying things that weren't true just too make her mad and for her to make a mistake.

Other interviewers have learned not to comment on her gender and role in Formula 1 because she along with the other drivers just walked out of the conference when questions go too far.

All the drivers respect Athena as a person and a driver. So, they all stand up for her when they can, and make the point that she has done more and done better than most of them.

The drivers like Sebastian, Fernando and Daniel that have been in the business for a long time have made it a point that women like Athena are needed in motorsport.

"I will be fine as long as he stays in his lain." Athena said as she and Angela arrive outside the media center. Angela let out a small laugh. "Yes, I hear the irony." Athena said shaking her head.

"Are you ready?" Max asked walking over to the two women.

"Yes, lets go Maxie." Athena said giving Angela a side hug.

Max and Athena walked into the conference room together. The cameras went like crazy. Athena grabbed a monster before sitting. Max did the same except he got a RedBull.

The press conference went well... until Alex Brown got a chance to ask a question. "Miss King, I have a question for you. A few weeks ago, your close friend and former MotoGP champion Leonardo Bens died in a car crash. It is also reported that the mother of his child you sister has abandoned their son. What is you take on all that is happening in your life?"

Everyone in the room went quiet. Max was about to answerer that it was a privet matter, but Athena stopped him. "Yes, my close friend Leonardo Bens passed away well we were in Monaco. He was a great man, and he is greatly missed. Now what my sister did or didn't do I have no comment on. Their child is in safe hand and will be looked after and loved. I do not appreciate you question or comment. This is a sensitive topic and quite frankly none of your business. Thank you to the rest of you for your kind questions. Have a good day and enjoy the weekend."

Athena said before standing up and leaving the media center and made way to the Mercedes hospitality quickly. She walked straight to her driver's room. "Athena."

"Toto I can now. Stefano was watching that interview; I just want to call him okay." Athena said before shutting the door.

After a call to her mother and talking to Stefano, Athena left her driver's room to talk to Toto.

She walked into his office. "Hey sorry that I snapped at you earlier." She said sitting on one of the chairs.

"It's alright Athena, if I was in your position, I would call my family first as well. This does give me the opportunity to ask if everything okay at home. I know you going to custody court next week." Toto asked.

"Everything is as fine as it can be. Stefano is struggling. Without his mother and me on the road, it's hard on the kid. And I'm having a hard time having to walk into mother role for a two-year-old is stressful." Athena answered.

"I can imagine. If you like, you can bring Stefano with on the road after summer break. He is an amazing child and well behaved. So, if it will help you and him do as need. Just call me if he will be traveling with you as that I can make plans." Toto said.

"Thank you, Toto, I truly apricate it. I will talk to my parents and Stefano then I will let you know." She said smiling.

"Good now go get some rest and win the race on Sunday." Toto said with a chuckle.

"Will do. Have a good afternoon, sir." Athena said leaving his office.

---

Qualifying didn't go to well for Athena, she ended in P10. But Sunday's race came in her favor. She past most of the driver within the first lap. Under the safety car both Athena and George changed tires and returned to the top.

When Max changed his tires, Athena took the lead with George behind. And that's how they took it home.

"Athena King on the pole with teammate George Russell in second. What a week for Mercedes." "This means King takes the championship into the summer break with Verstappen finishing fourth." Commentators said.

King – 208

Verstappen – 205

Leclerc – 141