PART 18: Confection

PART 18: Confection

Skipping to the France grand prix three weeks later. The last race in Austria Charles cane first with Max in second and Athena third.

George and Athena were sitting on the coach in her hotel room watching some sit-com that was showing on the tv.

Athena's legs were in George's lap. He was slowly rubbing her leg. He was debating with himself. Part of him wanted to follow Athena's advise and confess his feeling for her. But a nether part said to keep quiet.

He knew she didn't do relationship and he know that she struggled with romantic feeling. But it was killing him. With all her little touches, teasing and flirting. It was hard to not want her, but she was always flirty, so he didn't know if it was actual feeling or just part of her personality.

"Georgie what's on you mind? I've called your name like ten times." Athena asked bring him back to reality.

"Can I confess something to you?" He asked.

"Of course, you can." Athena said. She posed the show and turned to fully face him.

"Remember I said there was this girl that I liked?" He asked receiving a nodded back. "Well, you're kind of are that girl." He said.

Athena looked at him with a smile on her face. "So, you saying you have feelings for me?" She asked.

"Yaa. We've known each other for years, and I've always had feelings for you. Since we started working together those feelings have grown, and I can't keep it in anymore. I now you don't do feeling and relationships but..." George started rambling on.

He was interrupted by Athena softly kissing him. George froze in shock before kissing her back. Athena pulled back a bit. "You need to stop rambling. I've liked you for some time now to." She said.

George's smile grow. He pulled her on top of himself and pulled he in for another kiss.

After a few minutes they pulled apart. George rapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into a tight embrace burying his face in the crack of her neck. Athena put her arms around his shoulders and played with his hair.

George let out a soft moan. They stayed in each other's arms the whole night, in a comfortable silence.

---

Saturday morning George and Athena arrived at Paul Ricard circuit. Side-by-side they greeted the fans outside before entering the paddock.

They separated, Athena went to Toto's office and George went to the small alleyway between RedBull and Mercedes where the guys (Charles, Carlos, Max, and Sergio) were talking.

"Hey guys." He greeted.

"Hey man. Didn't think you would make it." Carlos said jokingly.

"Yaa, I was running late so my car left so I had to wait for Athena so that I could get a ride." George explained.

"It's all good." Sergio said.

"Speaking of Athena, where is she?" Charles asked.

"She has a meeting with Toto then she's going to call Stefano." George answered.

Qualifying started later that day. Charles set the fastest lap. With both Red Bulls behind followed by Athena if fourth.