PART 4: Saudi Arabia

The Islamic country of Saudi Arabia was home to the next Grand Prix.

Athena arrived at Jeddah Corniche circuit mid-morning on Saturday. She was wearing black tights, a long sleave black shirt and a black niqab (headscarf) in honor of the Islamic culture.

She waved at fans, took photos, and had a few short conversations before walking down the paddock.

"So, you telling me you had dinner, and nothing happened?" Lando asked as he, Daniel, Charles, Carlos, and George stood in the shade beside the Mercedes hospitality.

"Yes Lando. For the hundredth time. Athena and I went to dinner after qualifying as friends and coworkers. Nothing more." George defended.

"Are you dame. You had a opportunity to be with a literal goddess, why just go for dinner?" Daniel asked.

"We've been friends for years Daniel. Why would I do something to jeopardize that. And we work together if it's unconfutable between us. Toto will let me go in a heartbeat if it's what makes Athena happy." George said.

"What will make me happy?" Athena's voice came from a few meters away.

All five guys practically jumped out their skin. "HEEEYYY Athena." Daniel said smiling.

"Hey... What you are talking about." She asked.

"Nothing." Carlos and Lando quickly answered.

"They are asking if something happened between use at dinner later week." George said.

"BRO, SHUT UP." Daniel said. Coursing Athena and Charles to laugh.

"Nothing happened." Athena said shaking her head.

"Well, if you're not interested in this guy..." Lando said flexing his arms, but Athena cut him off.

"STOP flexing your muscles, Norris. You look like a fucking imbecile." She said walking into the Mercedes building. Leaving the guys in shock.

"Sorry Lando. Looks like your just not her type." Charles said laughing.

"Sorry man but her type is tall, British men that are much betterlooking than you." George said patting Lando on the back, then following Athena.

---

Qualifying went well for Mercedes George came 6th and Athena came 7th.

Sunday George and Athena arrived at the track together. Once again Athena was wearing a black niqab and was completely covered.

"You know I think it's cool that you are dressing to be respectful to the culture. It's just strange not seeing your face or smile." George commented.

"I know it feels odd, but I think there's a lot of beauty in it." Athena said looking up to meet his eyes.

"I have to agree." He said placing his arm around her shoulders. "let's go race shell we."

"We shell."

---

"That's it Athena keep pushing." Toto said over comes.

Athena was currently battling Carlos for third place. In turn five the overtook him.

"Yes, that's it. Five laps to go." Toto said. "How far ahead is Leclerc?" She asked.

"He's about 6 seconds ahead." Stephan said. "I think I can overtake him." She said. "Then do it, balls in your court." Toto said.

Within a lap Athena was right behind Charles. On turn 4 Charles went wide which gave her the opportunity to pass. She pushed and took over.

By the last lap she had closed the gap between herself and Max.

The Mercedes garage cheered all the engineers ran out. "You won Athena." Stephan yelled over coms.

"That's great, thanks guys. Amazing race I did my best." She said.

Athena stopped behind the first-place sigh. She jumped out and ran to her team. Everyone cheered and hugged the rooky.

"She did it Athena King won her first Grand Prix here is Saudi Arabia." "This is only her second race in formula one and she's leading the championship. Can this young lady win her first ever world championship in her rooky year." David Croft and Martin Brundle, the commentators said.

"Athena congratulations on first place." The interview said.

"Thank you, that was one crazy race. I started seventh and fought to get first. Everyone made it a challenge but that is way I'm here." Athena answered.

"How are you feeling?" Interviewer asked.

"I'm tired and my shoulders are tight. But I've never been happier." She said smiling.

Charles then walked up to her. He pulled her into a quite hug. "Well done, Athena." He said pulling away.

"Thank you, Charles, you did good to." She replied smiling. Charles walked off and the pose race interview continued.

When time came Athena with a headscarf on stood on the top of the podium, with Max to right and Charles to her left. Once the Italian national anthem, god save the queen played the champion was popped.

Max and Charles both turned and sprayed her before she could react. She sprayed them before drinking some and walking off.