Rule 50 | Never fall for your roommate.

AFTER PICKING JIEUN up from school, Jungkook suggested that it would be better to go to my mother's restaurant first rather than heading back home

AFTER PICKING JIEUN up from school, Jungkook suggested that it would be better to go to my mother's restaurant first rather than heading back home. That way he could not only meet my mother sooner but also help around the restaurant if needed.

And I agreed. Not because I was eagerly looking forward to the flurry of questions that would most likely greet me as soon as I first introduced Jungkook to my mother but because I had a fair idea of how crowded restaurants in this region could get around Chuseok with thousands of people flying in to meet their families and to enjoy the charm of a simple life in the countryside away from the loud hustle and bustle of Seoul.

From what my mother had told me, her restaurant although relatively small could seat around seventy people at once and if that information was accurate, I was pretty sure she could use a pair or two of helping hands.

"Are you any good at serving?" I looked at Jungkook who was walking right beside me, looking rather fascinated with the picture of Pororo on Jieun's bag which was safely hung on his left shoulder.

"Depends on what kind of serving we're talking about." He looked at me, mouth slowly curving into a lopsided smile. "Because if you're talking about serving looks, I'm damn good."

Smirking satisfactorily at my confounded expression, he continued, eyes twinkling with mirth when he leaned down to whisper. "As for other types of serving, like serving food at your mother's restaurant or serving you with pleasure that makes your toes curl, I'm even fucking better."

My cheeks burned. "Y-You aren't!" I stuttered, taken aback by the sudden change of topic. I'd been trying so hard to think of non-sexual things ever since Jungkook had blatantly expressed his desire to have his mouth between my legs that I hadn't spoken a word for the last fifteen minutes.

And now that I had, this slick jerk had steered the conversation right back to where we'd left it.

"You aren't even handsome enough to be serving looks so there's no way you can be better at serving... other things." I rambled, flustered that he had the nerve to say things like that out loud when Jieun was right here, lightly dozing off with her little head nestled in the crook of my neck.

She was extremely good at catching things too. What if she heard him and repeated it in front of eomma?

The thought alone made my face pale.

What was going to tell her about Jungkook anyway? He wasn't my boyfriend. But he wasn't my friend.

Maybe I could just tell her that he was my roommate.

But that somehow sounded even worse.

"Oh?" Jungkook's smirk remained unwavering as he glanced at me with a knowing glint in his dark eyes. "Wanna test that theory out, little flower?"

I resisted the urge to vigorously shake my head no, already acutely aware of the fact that agreeing to his proposition was most likely going to end up landing me in a heck lot of trouble, and stood my ground against.