Rule 38 | Do not talk to your roommate in innuendos.

"HEY, THAT'S MINE!" I smirked, deliberately emphasising my shrug as I contentedly munched on the fry I'd just swiped off of Y/N's plate, causing a deep frown to etch across her otherwise sweet and delicate features as she scowled at me

"Well, now it's mine, flower." I shot her a grin, barely able to control my amusement.

She looked seconds away from murdering me, and yet here I was, preparing to send her just a little bit more over the edge.

"You know why?" I whispered, leaning across the table as her bright, expressive eyes snapped up to meet mine, a beautiful mix of alarm, intrigue and indignation swirling in their dark, innocent depths. Fuck. "Because anything I put my mouth on, belongs to me."

Y/N's eyes widened.

But I soon realised it wasn't because of what I'd said. I was pretty sure she hadn't even fully comprehended the fact that what I'd just said was meant to be a sexual innuendo, because of how she was staring worriedly at Makenzie who had just choked on her peach drink and was sputtering wildly as she blinked at me in disbelief.

Almost instantaneously, Jimin was on his feet as he jumped up to rub her back. But Y/N had already taken care of that part, so all he could do was to sit back down and watch with concern as Makenzie finally calmed down enough to level him with a meaningful stare.

"Jimin, tell your best friend to shut up this very second." She uttered, completely seriously, turning to her boyfriend, but not before shooting me a pointed look. "We are literally sitting in the middle of a cafeteria!"

Jimin looked taken aback at the sudden instruction as he glanced at me cluelessly, his lost expressions betraying his confusion.

Clearly, he'd been too busy scarfing down his lunch all this while. Honestly, I couldn't be happier to have one less eavesdropper on the table, but I figured he thought this was a golden opportunity to finally get in Makenzie's good books because the next thing I knew, he dropped his chopsticks and turned to face me purposefully.

"I don't know what you said, man." He muttered solemnly. "But you need to shut up."

I rolled my eyes, muffling a grin as I exchanged a look with Jimin. One that told him exactly what I thought of him at that moment. He was becoming the biggest simp for Makenzie these days and, in all honesty; I didn't it mind one bit. But that didn't mean I wasn't gonna rub it in his face.

"I will if you tell your girlfriend to stop keeping my girl captive in her room." I shrugged, making sure to throw an accusatory glance at Makenzie, who simply huffed, glowering at me.

Seriously, what was wrong with her?

I didn't remember doing anything to offend her.

"Sunbae, one, I'm not this jerk's girlfriend and two, you do know that in order for a girl to actually be your girl, you have to ask her out first?" This time, she addressed me directly as my hand paused in the middle of stealing another one of Y/N's fries.