Rule 39 | Don't show your roommate your weaknesses.

AS WE RUSHED through the narrow, brightly lit hospital hallway leading towards the room Jungkook's sister was staying in, a million thoughts plagued my mind

What exactly was Jungkook's sister doing in a hospital? And why had he been so unwilling to let me come with him when all I wanted was to make sure that he was alright. He'd looked terribly agitated when he received that call earlier and I was genuinely concerned at the way he was still not letting up.

This was the first time I'd ever seen him simmering with so many negative emotions; anxiety, apprehensiveness, anger and manic fury. And yet there was a look of stark relief pronounced visibly across his hard features as he quickened his movements, his shoes occasionally squeaking against the shiny white and blue tiles with every impatient step that he took forward and the frown on his forehead deepening while his eyes desperately scanned the almost identical beige doors lining the long, uninviting corridor.

He looked like he couldn't wait another second to see his sister but something made him stop in his tracks as soon as he slid the door to his sister's room open.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook echoed, blinking in confusion as the boy in question abruptly lifted himself up from the chair next to Jung Min's bed and approached us slowly.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook-ah." Taehyung murmured quietly, his voice low as Jungkook continued to stare at him with an unreadable expression. "Yoongi hyung told me that Jung Min was awake and that you were on your way but I was nearby and I—" He swallowed, looking at his feet. "I couldn't help myself." He admitted hoarsely, voice thick with emotion as he took in a deep breath. "I had to see how she was doing after all these months."

I sucked in a sharp breath. Months? Jung Min had been here for months?

Beside me, Jungkook's shoulders slumped as he closed his eyes, exhaling heavily before opening them back again. "We'll talk about this later." He finally allowed, albeit a little begrudgingly, before glancing at the bed in the middle of the room, on top of which lay a calm, sleeping figure. "How is she?"

"Finally awake," Taehyung smiled, and it was the largest I'd ever seen him sporting. He looked exhilarated. It came as a surprise because his happiness looked nowhere similar to Jungkook's. There wasn't an ounce of brotherly affection in the way he talked about her. And as crazy as it was, even though it was Jung Min who'd woken up, for some reason, it was he who looked like a new life had been breathed into him.

He could barely rein in his happiness as he continued. "Since I'm not her guardian, the doctors didn't tell me much but they did say that she is out of danger now and the only remaining issue is her TGA, some sort of transient amnesia I was told, but I don't think it's too bad because she recognised me the moment she woke up."

Jungkook let out a light, almost wry laugh at that. "Of course she did." He remarked deridingly, his tone stiff even though his facial features remained calm, betraying no signs of hostility. He didn't seem angry but the cutting, almost miffed nature of his acknowledgement made it seem like there was history between Taehyung and his sister, one he didn't particularly like and I wondered if it had anything to do with Jung Min's present condition.