Rule 37 | Don't confess to your roommate.

BUT THERE WAS no going forward from here either

I decided as soon as my back hit the mattress that night.

Because despite being painfully rash and thoughtless at times and having a knack for making self-destructive decisions, if there was one thing I was good at, it was knowing my place.

And my place wasn't in Jungkook's life.

I wasn't even making excuses, nor was I running away or trying to brush over the events of this afternoon.

I did not regret the kiss. Not at all.

I knew I had wanted it too.

And thanks to that kiss, I also finally knew that my mother's fear of me never finding a guy I would be attracted to was completely and utterly groundless.

But there were still at least a million reasons why I couldn't let something like that happen again.

Reasons that I'd been unable to think of earlier because I was too busy trying not to faint from breathlessness.

Reasons that had flew out of the window as soon as Jungkook had touched his lips to mine.

Reasons that made complete sense now that I had a moment to myself, the memory of Jungkook's soft, persuasive lips pushed into an obscure faraway corner of my mind.

Reasons like the fact that he was my roommate.

And how presumptuous it was of me to even assume that he would want to date me just because he said he wanted to kiss me; and even if he did, thinking that he would commit. When I already knew that I was never going to be able to have sex with any guy until I completely, utterly and blindly trusted him, not just with my body but also with my heart.

Because what was the guarantee that he wouldn't make me cry like Jimin did to Makenzie?

Or that if he didn't make me cry now, he also wouldn't make me cry when he finally decided he'd had enough?

It was clear he wasn't the 'dating for marriage' type. And we were barely even twenty.

What would happen if we dated and then decided to break up in just less than a month because I couldn't have sex with him, and he decided to date someone else while we were still roommates, our feelings just hanging in between the odd balance of things?

I shuddered at the thought, my eyes stinging as I constructed the whole scenario in my head.

Yep, going any further with this would only be equivalent to signing myself up for heartbreak. An emotion I wasn't particularly keen on experiencing.

Oh, and of course, I could never forget that he was my roommate.

One who'd claimed to not be attracted at all to me too.