Chapter 9

Nanon's POV

It kinda feels good to be a responsible Son. It's been 4 days since I went to restaurant, I have been spending my time serving my Dad. Massaging his left side of body 4 times a day for hours , Giving him warm baths , dressing him up in near clothes I can say that Old Man is very happy that his half of work now getting done my me.

What are you looking at huh? Come here why don't you give a hand....I asked my Grandpa while massaging my Dad.

He is your father your responsibility I am old and week. He said and went into the kitchen.

See your Father is being Dramatic these days Dad. My Dad just Chuckled at me and was about to say something but I got a call from phi Tay I washed my hands and picked up the call.

Dad I will come back soon. P Tay is asking me to come to restaurant it's too busy and I need to do deliveries.

Okay Nanon. But come home soon.

Nanon come here I wanna talk to you.

I followed my grandpa inside the room , he sat on his bed with all papers lying infront of me he patted on bed indicating me to sit I sat and I asked what are these papers?

HOSPITAL BILLS WHAT ELSE ?

Oh. I replied slowly getting off from the bed. But Grandpa pulled my ear I Screamed in pain.

Where are you escaping you little Dork. See when your father worked you lived like a king now it's your responsibility to pay them. Go to your job everyday and try to do extra work from now onwards.

Aagrh why don't you pay! Why don't you work.

Idiot I worked a lot , joined your dad in private school and college made him a Police officer now my time is to rest. So shut your mouth and go to work while coming get me my wine and Medicines for your Dad.

(Nanon imitating his Grandpa) Fine I am leaving. Make sure to have dinner both of you bye Dad , Bye Grandpa.

What Paa. You can give him money which you have saved for his future right. You would have given some money from terminal benifits.

If I do that never in his life he will become responsible let him know what life is. I am doing everything for his good. And you don't give him money if he ask you got it. GOT IT...??

YES SIR.

.

My work time got doubled I was spending less time with my family and Friends but for only some days I have a belive that my Dad will start walking again. But what bothers me is his medication and 4 times massage is compulsory for his good health.

I went to home after the last delivery it was late at night I switched the lights on and saw Dad waiting for me near dinning table.

You came. Come here have a seat , me and grandpa were waiting for you but he had dinner and slept 20 mins ago. I got up took two plates one for me and the other one for my dad. He served me and I served him we were eating our dinner in silence like always.

Dad from now on don't wait on me. Just have your dinner , medicines and sleep. After having our dinner I went to his cupboard and took the 2-3 coloured pills strand. Are you taking your pills on time?

Yes.

Then why pills are extra here? I asked with a frown I can see my Dad hesitating to answer my question.

You forgot didn't you? Huhhhh what can I do with you Dad..!!

Please Nanon now you don't start just now I had got enough of scoldings from Ohm an hour ago. From now on I will take the pills on time.

Oh he did. He should actually..!! I took the massage oil from the cupboard and started massaging Dad's leg. I could say he was staring at me after a while I asked him What Dad what happened?

I was just thinking......
Nanon why don't you get married?

What? Why all of a sudden? I mean why exactly?

It's not sudden Nanon you are already 26. I have been thinking about this for too long already tell me if you have any girl in your mind or if you are ready I will ask my inspector to set matches for you.

But why dad?

You know you are busy with all the work, I just need someone to light up our jinxed family. Your mom always used to say that she wanted to witness your marriage, play with your kids even I have same wishes too.  I just don't want to die without watching your Marriage for once I want to see our house with full of people our family members our relatives how good it will look just imagine.

I have one doubt you want me to get married because you want to watch and play with my kids or you want me to get married so that you can be meet our relatives?

Actually Both. I just want to meet your Grand parents my in laws.

Why?

So that I can say sorry to them.

For that you can just meet them.

No it took me 10 years to face you who is indeed my own son. Do you even think they will allow me inside their house. I won't suprise if they beat me with their shoes because they loved your Mom so much. I just want to ask you this one thing Nanon can you please give me a chance to face them all and ask for my forgiveness?

Hmmmmmmmm...!! I need some time Dad..!!

Hmm. Okay Son. I won't force you to get married just think about it. I can wait but don't take too much time.

Okay Dad.