18 | rescue missions

It had been three days ever since my encounter with Nathan. Ever since that, Nathan hasn't showed up at the cafe. It's been so bland without him since that's the only thing I look forward to in the morning. However, I've been trying to keep my mind off of him.

"Let's go, Charlotte!" Amanda yelled out for me.

We were currently hustling to go shopping in the morning since we wanted to spend a whole day. Charles dropped off his car in the morning and Amanda was going to drive us there, which was a subtle reminder for me that I should probably apply for my license.

I sighed, standing up from my bed from where I was daydreaming and catch up to an excited Amanda rushing to get inside the car.

"Come on! It's taking you forever!" Amanda enthusiastically shouted.

I smiled fixing my hair, "Okay, let's go." I directed when I finally finished glimpsing at the cafe sign reading: Closed For Today!

I jumped in and Amanda impatiently started the car.

"Okay, first we have to go to H&M to get you clothes. Then we have to find myself a dress for the date." Amanda explained while we were in the car.

"Have you ever tried Starbucks?" She asked me later on, while we were driving.

"Nope."

Amanda stared at me in awe, "What?!" She asked, "Never?!"

I shook my head in amusement, "No." I mean, there was no way I'd pay for a drink that was five dollars which I could probably use for something else - like, a whole meal.

"Well, we're going there too!" Amanda commanded and I laughed.

•••

"Ew." I groaned, pushing away clothes that hung on a hanger. I couldn't find any clothes that Amanda and I could agree on - they weren't my type, to say the least.

I went inside the change rooms and came out wearing some shorts and a white ruffled top along with white sandals. I looked really pretty in my opinion. I studied myself in the mirror and saw Amanda approach me with her eyes widened. I could agree to the outfit myself; it enhanced my facial features.

"Wow..." She muttered in awe.

"Yeah, wow." I smirked at her looking through the mirror to get her gaze.

"Okay, we're getting that and the other pair just like this plus the five dresses I chose out for you."

Amanda and I had currently been shopping for an hour and she had picked up so many things. However, I was already getting tired of changing and changing since there weren't many things that suited my petite body type. Amanda wasn't though, she was way to enthusiastic about this journey to be exhausted. Sure, I was excited about getting these clothes through my own cafe saving, but I wasn't a heavy shopper like Amanda.

"Let's buy all of this and then you can change into the knee-length, white dress." Amanda said.

I nodded, "Okay. I'm going to go to the counter while you look around for anything that interests you." I replied back to her. The line was pretty long and there was no use of Amanda just standing there with me.

"Sure!" Amanda grinned and headed off to find something for herself. I directed my attention to the line and patiently waited.

I groaned, the line was longer than I had expected it to be. About six people stood ahead of us, each holding a couple pair of jeans and t-shirts.