17 | mystery man

17 | mystery man

"Hi Amanda!" Charles greeted her. Early in the morning, Charles dropped by to say hi, since he missed me. Well, okay, I doubt he missed me since he greeted Amanda first. They seemed to have something spinning between them. "Hey!" Amanda smiled. Charles made eye contact with me later, and mouthed me a 'she's so hot'. I rolled my eyes.

"Want a cup of coffee?" Amanda offered. Charles replied with a smug look on her face leaning into her, "Only from you." Amanda pushed Charles away smiling, and walked towards the coffee machine to make the coffee.

I walked towards Charles, "What's wrong with you?" I ask in awe.

"What?"

"You're flirting with her! Do it somewhere else, not here."

"Is someone jealous they don't have their young love, yet?" Charles asks challenging me.

I ignore his stupid remark, "You like her?" I ask him, whispering.

"Is that bad?" He asks copying my whisper tone.

I scowl, "Answer my question!" I demand. Charles seems to be taken aback, throwing his hands in the air.

"Okay jeez! Yeah, well, I really want to ask her out! What's a good time?" Charles asks interested.

Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I think it's very clear that Charles likes Amanda. This was going to be interesting, and somehow, I saw it coming.

"Hmm..." I ponder although I couldn't get the smug look off my face, "Saturday night doesn't seem bad..."I

Charles shakes his head furiously, "There's no way I am asking her in front of you." His innocent stare made me laugh. He was begging, practically.

Now, when you have a brother begging you to do something... What do you do? I wish I knew, cause damn! I needed to know!

"Okay," I agreed reluctantly. Charles grinned, "but on one condition." I pointed my index finger up in the air. "I need your car on Saturday for Amanda and I to go shopping." I commanded.

Charles grinned sheepishly, "Deal." He agreed.

"Here." Amanda returned with a cup of coffee in her hand. Charles gladly accepted it. "Can you come over to the bar next door on Saturday night?" He asked Amanda. Charles gestured me to leave, according to our deal, so I accepted and continued cleaning a table with my cloth.

Charles left shortly, and I turned to Amanda who was now blushing.

"What, now?" I ask.

"He asked me out on a date!" Amanda squealed as she jumped up and down gripping my shoulders. Her excitement made me want to celebrate too. I smiled, "Well, congrats!" I replied.

"Oh god, I'm so nervous!" She chirped, "what if I screw up?" I giggled, "Just be yourself." I advised.

"What ever common advice is..." She chirped again, "'be yourself'" she mimicked my voice. We both burst out laughing earning a creepy stare from the seniors sitting close to the kitchen counter. Amanda and I instantly shut up.

"Lover boy's here." Amanda pointed out. I looked up to notice that the mystery man from yesterday was walking in again, with his tuxedos and black hair tucked and brushed neatly behind his ears. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I couldn't tell if he looked cute or hot, but wow, I was stunned!

"Good luck," Amanda said as she left the cash register, "you're on your own." She raised her hands up in the air and went to wipe a table. She left smirking at me, charging away!