Chapter 21: Kill the Rescue Team

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Molly Searcy as Akame
Jessica Boone as Sheele
Fred Tatasciore as Cannonbolt
Dee Bradley Baker as Big Chill
———————————————————————————

Ben returned from the Imperial Capital after denying participating in the Martial Arts Championship. It would have been a major giveaway to his identity and Night Raid would have compromised. It was smart for Leone to push back and banned Ben from ever partaking from an event like this. He didn't have a problem with this. Not in the slightest. He was getting tired from rapidly transforming every day.

He dropped on his mattress, ready to sleep until he heard a knock on the door. He moaned and suffocated his face with his soft, white pillow.

"Akame, I'm not in the mood to fight," Ben said.

"It's not Akame," said a familiar, soft voice.

Ben furrowed and removed the pillow. Sheele came inside the room relieved that Ben had declined just before Leone banned him. She was carrying a red book with her to which she placed on the side of the table right by the door.

"Sheele?" Ben was shocked, "W-what are you doing here?"

"Checking on you," Sheele said, "If it's not a problem." She stuttered. Ben was quick to stop her.

"N-no, no problem at all," Ben said, "I have no problem with you being here. So what's up?"

Sheele turned around, she played with her fingers, "I was just wondering if you would like to..."

"Train?" Ben guessed. Sheele laughed.

"No," she giggled, "I know how strong you are already."

"Oh," Ben blushed.

"I was wondering if you would like to...take a walk somewhere?" she asked, "It could take the mind off things for awhile."

Ben was about t immediately respond with a yes, but something inside of him pushed back. He remembered when Akame asked him to take a walk, he was ambushed! Sheele wasn't as aggressive, but, according to the records he read, she was far more dangerous than anyone in the Hideout.

"How do I not know that this isn't some setup for a training session?" Ben asked, questioning her. Sheele understood Ben's fear but was a little annoyed at him. He should have known that not one day had she attacked him. And if she had, it was out of self-defense. But she calmly reassured Ben that things were going to be okay, "I do not have my Imperial Arms," she giggled.

"And, what is your Imperial Arms?" Ben asked, curious, "In fact, I never even seen yours."

"I can tell you if you walk with me?" Sheele asked. Ben, looked back at his bed. He wanted to rest, but what is one more walk's gonna do anyway. Ben shrugged.

"Alright then," he said.

...