Chapter 11: Kill the Dog Owner

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Christina Kelly as Mine
Jessica Boone as Sheele
Shelley Calene-Black as Najenda
Dee Bradley Baker as Jetray
John DiMaggio as Rath
Kira Vincent-Davis as Seryu Ubiquitous
Tiffany Grant as Hekatonkheires (a.k.a Koro)
———————————————————————————

Ben woke up in the middle of the night to catch Akame fast asleep. He sighed in relief knowing that Akame was fast asleep meaning that he could sneak out get himself some water without fear of being followed. Akame being Ben's shadow was creepier than Ghostfrieak's sentience and that was saying a lot. He got out of bed, went to the door and slyly opened it while keeping his eyes open at Akame to see if there was a slight twitch. He had to be VERY aware that Akame was a trained assassin and not an amateur. The wrong move could set her off. He knew he couldn't use his Ultimatrix because well...it would make a whole lot of noise. Just enough to wake her and that was the very last thing he would like to do. He slyly slid out of the room and carefully closed the door. He leaned and slid down the door. He sighed.

"Phew," Ben said, "I survived."

He stood up and dusted himself off from the dust his shirt collected from the door and wall. He walked away from his room and into the kitchen; he switched on the lights, saw the sink, grabbed a cup from the counter next to him, walked to the sink, turned it on and filled the cup with ice cold water. He was pretty thirsty after all.
The night was pretty warm. Warmer than back in his own Earth.

"That was refreshing," he said.

"I bet it was," his eyes bulged as he turned around and saw Najenda smoking a cigarette; Ben gulped.

'Please don't tell me this is another test,' Ben thought hoping that she doesn't challenge him. He was challenged by Akame twice! The first time he had the advantage but the second time was pure luck Ben was afraid that a third time would be lethal meaning that he would had to sleep less than before so he could alive. But apparently, as creepy as her entrance was, she didn't approach him with hostility, but with interest.

"Got a good night's rest?" she asked.

"Just enough, just having company you know...sleeping across from me," she said.

"Who Akame? Oh, yeah I permitted it," Najenda said.

"Wait...you permitted it? I thought...?"

"Akame asked me, I drew curious about what you could do so I permitted it," she said.

"I would have known that Akame had something to do with this," he said.

"Don't blame her. Like the rest of us, we are curious on what you can do," she said.

"I can transform into ali...I mean monsters. I think that's enough info," Ben said.

"And each monster you transform into has powers unknown to us. So I think that Akame's kinda acting rational around here. Do you agree, Ben?" she asked, "I mean if you were in my shoes, would you do the same thing?"