Chapter 8: Kill the Serial Killer Headhunter Zanku

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Corey Hartzog as Tatsumi
Molly Searcy as Akame
Christina Kelly as Mine
Allison Keith as Leone
Jessica Boone as Sheele
Tyler Galindo as Lubbock
David Wald as Bulat
Shelley Calene-Black as Najenda
Dee Bradley Baker as Swampfire
Rob Mungle as Zanku
———————————————————————————

Ben woke up that morning feeling pretty well - a lot better than all the previous days where he had to be half-sleep in order for him to survive in this psychopathic universe. He got up from bed and stretched his arms, checking his arms to see if it was still attached.

"Yep, still on me," Ben sighed, "I gotta be careful, these people could seriously hurt me if I'm not careful," Ben said.

There was a knock at the door, Ben's mind scaled to who it would be - and there would be only a few people who would knock on his door. He opened the door and to his "surprise", Akame was at his door unarmed. Akame wore a pink apron over her uniform.

She still had that stoic look across her face making Ben a little nervous

She still had that stoic look across her face making Ben a little nervous. Everyone's always nervous around her be it if they like to admit it or not. Second to Leone, she was one of the most powerful members of the Hideout and Ben does not want to upset her in any way. He had no idea who he would be dealing with if they were enemies.

But they weren't friends either; Ben did not trust her or anyone in the Hideout quite as much. At least not yet. He still had to know if they could be trusted. And Akame could see that all too well. One of the benefits of being an assassin.

"Ben," she began, "Since Tatsumi is training with Bulat, you and I will be making breakfast."

"Cook breakfast?" Ben asked relived, "Um...okay, what are we having?"

"I will let you know when we get to the kitchen," he said, "Now come."

Ben followed Akame down the hall not saying a word to her. He wanted to have a conversation but he had no idea what to talk about. He literally knows nothing about this universe or what was going on around in the world. Not that he minds, but to him it was best if he learned on his own rather than trust the likes of strangers who would love to kill him.

Leone was nowhere to be found as well as everyone else - well until they passed the Main Room.

"Hey guys!" Leone popped up from the door, "Hanging out with Green Boy, Akame?"

"Ah ha, ah ha funny," Ben furrowed. Leone draped her arms over Ben's shoulders with a cocky look on her face. Ben blushed in embarrassment.