chapter 31

"This is delicious Gwen" she says to me as she takes another mouthful of my macaroni.

"You don't have to pretend with me Lou, I know it's not great...I could have done better"

"I can't eat this" I pick up my plate and she hands me her.

"I'll go get take out shall I?" She asks

"I'm sorry" I shake my head.

She takes me in her arms "it's okay you can't cook, that's what I'm here for"

She tries to hold her laugh in, I bat her arm as she can't hide it anymore.

"Yeah go get food, I'll be waiting here for you"

"Ohhh...I'll rush back, fingers crossed you're naked when I get back" She winks at me.

I sink into the sofa, I turn on the TV to get a movie ready for us for when she gets back. I light some autumn smelling candles and make myself a cup of tea. The rain is still hitting off the window. There's a sudden knock at the door.

"Forgot the key did you" I laugh as I open to the door.

"Hey...I just thought i would nip round to see you, I know Jess is away" by my surprise Gemma is standing infront of me.

"Oh hey" I pause "I wasn't expecting you" I smile at her.

"Who were you expecting?" She asks confused.

"Chinese food" I say while laughing slightly.

She walks into the apartment, I hit the door gently as I shut it.

"Something wrong?" She asks me

"No, nothings wrong..." I say as I look at the clock.

"Do you want me to go?" She asks

Desperately wanting to to tell her to leave I just don't have the heart "it's okay, would you like a cup of tea?" I ask her.

I keep checking the time hoping she finishes her tea quick because I know Lou will be back soon.

"How are you?" She asks me

"I'm fine, how are you?" I sip my tea.

"I've been thinking of you a lot actually..." she says with a flirty tone.

"Oh" I feel a sudden awkwardness flowing between us "we need to talk I-"

I'm interrupted by the front door opening. She looks at me confused "does the delivery driver just walk in?" She jokes. She follows me as I make my way through to Lou.

Lou looks at her then at me, her eyebrow raised "I never knew we would have company" She says sercasticly.

"Oh" Gemma hums to herself, she quickly picks up her bag and starts to walk towards the front door "sorry I'm intruding, I'll see you later Gwen"

"You dont-"

"Its okay, I need to go anyway, bye"

She makes a quick exit.

"Why was she here?" Lou asks, I can hear the vulnerability in her voice.

"She knew Jess is away so wanted to make sure I was okay" I shrug my shoulders.

She grabs two forks from the cultrery drawer and hands me one, we both walk through to the living room and she places the bag full off food on the coffee table.

"Why does she have to make sure you're okay?" Her tone snappy

"I don't know, let's eat" I try to change the subject "this looks so delicious"

"I need you to answer me Gwen" she pauses, takes a deep breath and looks at me "are you with her?" Her voice breaks at the end of her question.

I grab her hands and wrap them in mine "no, I could never be with her..."

"Did you sleep with her?" She asks.

I nod "it was just the once..."

"Okay" she leans back on the sofa and continues to eat her food.

"Are we good?" I question her.

She nods.

I know we aren't but I put a movie on anyway and continue to eat my food. I feel the tension in the room between us. She doesn't look at me once, I abruptly pause the movie. She doesn't bother asking why because she knows why.

"What's wrong Lou?" I ask her.

"Nothing, play the movie" her eyes don't leave the TV.

"Are you seriously pissed at the fact me and her had sex but you dumped me in califnronia"

"I didn't dumped you" She says quickly.

"Oh yeah thats right because I wasn't your girlfriend right? Like I'm not your girlfriend right now"

She takes a deep breath "look I'm sorry, I'm out of order I know...I just don't know why she had to be here tonight"

"I never invited her" I snap back.

She lifts her hands in a surrender motion "I know, I'm sorry I'm being an ass"

She tries to take my hand but I move them away "don't be like that sweetheart" she says with a sad voice.

She knows when she calls me that I can't stay in a mood. Her hand runs up my thigh to my centre.

"Don't, you've pissed me off" I try to push her hands away

"I can make it up to you" she kisses my neck "I can be very sorry"

I stand up "Lou, you need to listen to me"

She stands up and walks quickly towards me forcing my back up against the wall "Listen to me, you are mine" she whispers in my hear "you'll never find the same high you find in me with someone else...I promise you that honey"

My breath heavy and shaky.

She walks away smirking, knowing exactly what she's doing. I follow her back to the couch, her arm rests over me and we finish the movie.

-----------------------------------------
Author

Thank you for reading!💛💛