Chapter 35: Talk

If the hurt comes,

so will the happiness

- Be patient

Alex took me back to their house

We drove in silence because Alex was mad about the whole fighting thing but I couldn't figure out why, he's the one who always motivates me to continue so what's the big issue if I fought men this time.

"You ready to speak to me now?" I pushed his shoulder hoping it would lighten the mood but it only worsened it.

"Sofia what were you thinking, no wait, you weren't thinking. You could've gotten hurt and don't think I missed the few times you let them hit you without even trying to stop them! You've been through shit this past few weeks and youre acting more reckless lately" Alex blew up almost yelling at me.

"I'm not reckless" I muttered but he heard me seeing that his face twisted in anger.

"You went to prison and came back home bleeding, you got kidnapped you came back with all those scars and don't get me wrong their badass but you don't let any of us in we don't even know half of what actually happened but you just continued your life like nothing happened! WE THOUGHT YOU DIED fuck sake Sofia we lost you and when you came back you acted like nothing happened and now youre beating the shit out of men because what you feel like it. I saw the smirk you had each time they left open wounds on you and I know you long enough to know that's not your normal reaction, you looked happy about getting hurt" he whispered the last part while speeding up.

"Sofia let me in I'm literally right here, just give me something I'm trying over here so don't leave me hanging" Alex softly smiled and turned his attention to the road ahead of us.

I don't know where to begin with this whole thing...

"Alex the first night I slept at your house it was because I called you but instead Noah answered and he...he stopped a guy who" I froze not knowing how to talk about this further. I don't have the drugs to keep me out of the dark that tries swallowing me up every chance it gets.

"If I open up I'd remember all the feelings I pushed away A I can't... I can't do that without knowing I can get myself out of the head space it puts me in but I'll tell you why I've been beating the shit out of guy's all day" I chuckled and Alex shook his head smiling.

Were getting somewhere.

"So I kind of had a small episode because your brother changed my pills I hid with sweets so I lost it and long story short I slapped him but then we slept together and he was so nice and he made sure I was fine but then he just changed when I asked him what this meant for us and he told me to not make a big deal of it because he wasn't my first and so on" I said in one breath just needing it to get out faster so I can bury the feeling deep deep deep down where not even I could find it.