Chapter 10 : Heart beat

Driving home Noah thought about his decision of letting Sofia and Steven stay at their house, he of course didn't ask Alex about it

The silver car behind him grabbed his attention when he noticed it taking every turn he was. Speeding up Noah called Alex and informed him of the car and Alex sent it back up just in case his brother needed some.

Focusing on the car Noah took a left turn without slowing down, looking into the rearview mirror Noah didn't notice the mini-van that was heading straight for him. The mini-van collided with Noah's car and the airbag activated knocking Noah out on in-packed.

Arriving on the scene a few minutes later Alex rushed to the burning car stopping next to the driver's side, pulling his brother out Alex smacked his cheek trying to wake Noah up before the cops arrived.

Not getting a response Alex dragged Noah to his car just in time, getting pushed to the ground by the explosion the car created, Alex's vision blurred a bit before he straightened himself out getting Noah into the passenger seat and slowly driving past the sirens rushing to the crash.

At the house, the guards rushed outside and picked Noah up taking him to the medical wing.

Hooking Noah up to the monitors his heart monitor flat-lined and the nurses pulled Alex out of the room after he frantically started screaming at the doctor to fix it.

Pacing outside, Alex waited for any news but after hours went by without any he called Sofia to go for a run but of course, she didn't answer and he decided to get some work done instead. Picking up the pile of paperwork he's been ignoring for too long.

Trying to focus on his work Alex couldn't stop thinking the worst.

Deep in thought, he stared at the white wall in front of him searching for a dirty spot he could clean yet he couldn't find any.

Releasing a deep breath Alex threw his head back resting it on the back of his office chair groaning when the silence got replaced with his ringtone. Looking at the Caller ID Alex answered after a while enjoying the song that was playing.

"What you need cupcake?" Sofia muttered.

"Meet me at the dome in 20 minutes"

"I'm already here so hurry up!"

Looking at the time Alex drove to their meeting place wondering why she was already there and without him. She knew the danger and yet still went alone.

Sofia couldn't relax enough to enjoy the movie they were watching so she kept watching the time hoping Steven would get tired seeing that it was already 11 p

Sofia couldn't relax enough to enjoy the movie they were watching so she kept watching the time hoping Steven would get tired seeing that it was already 11 p.m.

Steven struggled to keep his eyes open but he didn't want Sofia to think he wasn't enjoying their time together he knew something was wrong with his sister but he didn't want to pry so instead he tried staying awake making sure he was there if she needed him.

Slightly tilting his head so it could rest on the couch Steven drifted to sleep not being able to stay awake any longer seeing he was fast asleep Sofia grabbed a blanket and pillow so Steven could at least be comfortable because she was not cable of carrying him to his bed he's not small anymore and he hasn't been for a long time but whenever she looks at her brother Sofia still sees the small boy making grabby hands at her whenever she walked into a room or the scared boy who begged her to check under his bed for a monster every night she had to put him to sleep.

Satisfied Sofia softly walked to her room and grabbed some ecstasy pills and pulled on a black silk dress that hugged each of her curves perfectly, falling right above her knees with a few straps crossing her back. Pulling on some black boots she grabbed her keys pulling on her gloves.

Placing the dress between her legs and making sure it wouldn't be revealing too much while she rode her bike down to the Dome Sofia pushed her baby out of the garage.

Not wearing her helmet Sofia drove at a slow pace enjoying the night sky filled with stars, the wind that softly blew her hair around, and the empty road feeling content for once.