Chapter 31: Different

"Mia would you shut it already! Kids know how to swing on their own it's nothing special" my mother shouted when I excitedly told my dad what I learned at the park today

"Mia would you shut it already! Kids know how to swing on their own it's nothing special" my mother shouted when I excitedly told my dad what I learned at the park today. "But mommy I learned all on my own with no one's help" I added smiling brightly at her.

"I don't know why we ever had you" my mommy whispered thinking I couldn't hear what she said. She often whispers rude comments whenever I speak to her but I don't mind I know my mommy loves me she just doesn't know it yet.

I ran closer to her and wrapped my legs around her right leg hoping my hug would make her feel better but I was wrong.

"Sofia you know we have a no-touching mommy rule!" she shouted shoving me away. Long black fingers wrapped around me and I tried screaming but my mouth wouldn't move. I struggled in their hold but their grip never lessened and I was once again surrounded by darkness.

"You're a slut Sofia no wonder no one wants you"

"You should've died with your parents"

"You're nothing!"

Voices yelled out around me but I couldn't see anyone. Feeling a burning sensation on my back Scar appeared with a whip in his hands smirking at me while walking closer. "No...No...No...No" I frantically breathed out trying to get away but I couldn't move.

"STOP PLEASE!" I managed to yell out but nothing seemed to work. "Nowhere to run kid" Scar chuckled lifting the whip up high.

Screaming when he brought it down I waited for the pain to come but it never did.

"Sofia, Sofia can you hear me?" a distant voice asked shaking me a little. "Soph stop crying I'm right here it was just a dream I promise you're safe" the voice cooed.

I haven't even felt the tears rolling down my cheeks till he mentioned I was crying. After calming down a bit I realized that it was Noah holding me close to his chest while laying on top of him. He was acting different the whole time at dinner making sure I ate at least half of what was on my plate, he kept reminding me to drink water and he insisted on making sure I was comfortable in bed before he went to sleep.

Taking deep breaths like he instructed me to Noah started rubbing my head lulling me back to sleep