Chapter 19: Baby

Feeling the hard ground underneath me I groaned not remembering how I fell asleep on the cold floor of my office

Feeling the hard ground underneath me I groaned not remembering how I fell asleep on the cold floor of my office. I can remember everything before I took a line of coke.

Fuck I took coke!

Jumping up I felt my head pounding from the fast action but ignoring the pain I rushed outside hoping one of the guards could drive me to Noah's house. Passing the bar I glanced at the clock hoping it was still early enough for me to get back home before anyone woke up and luck was on my side when I saw it was only 7.

Finding Bruce one of the bouncers I hired when I just started the club outside I asked him to drive me home which he happily agreed to.

I walked past the guards at the gate and stopped outside of my window hoping it wasn't locked.

Sliding the window up I softly climbed in but I stumbled over the pillows that were laying across my floor, they were not there when I left.

Getting changed I waddled to my bathroom feeling Satan's river gracing me with its presence. Well, this does explain my emotions they were all over the place.

'I KNEW I WASN'T A BABY!'

Finally confrontable I waddled back to my bed just because it was fun but my happy mood dropped when I saw a sleeping Noah in my bed. Why on earth was he even in my room? I needed sleep and this hotdog was keeping me up!

Forming a plan I placed my hands on his back feeling him wake up immediately but he was too late to react to my plan and I pushed him with all the strength I had left, watching him stumble off the bed and taking my blankets with him.

Giggling at myself I grabbed the blankets before he could stop me and wrapped myself up like a burrito, laying down I instantly fell asleep leaving a stunned Noah on the cold floor.

When I felt the tiny hands on my back I knew it was Sofia who finally decided to come back after her night out doing god knows what. The little burrito passed out as soon as she touched the pillow. I however did not think she would've pushed me off and stolen the blankets.

I thought she would curse at me for being in her room but the only thing that left Sofia's mouth was a fucking giggle.

Standing up I softly pushed a few loose strands out of her face before leaving her to sleep.

I knew I fucked up yesterday and ruined any chance of actually getting to know Sofia but I panicked after seeing her in that black dress, I can't have distractions, and since Sofia became a part of my life I've been slacking on my work.

I've been receiving my dead men with notes marked as ' One step closer and ' Watch your back' engraved in their necks while my shipments have been disappearing.

I had to find a better cover-up for my money laundering which brings me to a club James my third in command told me about a few weeks ago it was the best option at this point but first I had to find the owner which seemed impossible it's like he doesn't exist. I've placed my best tracker Levi on finding him but so far he's got nothing.

James was coming back today which meant we would be celebrating on Friday which was in two days. That would be the best time to find someone who would keep my mind busy enough to forget Sofia, I had to move on she looks like a good fuck and that's the only reason I keep craving her presence.

Hearing someone scream I rushed out of my office only to find James holding his heart while staring at Sofia who was currently wearing an oversized t-shirt, only an oversized t-shirt with her perfect ass poking out slightly for anyone to see. "You adopted a homeless person or something Noah because a heads up would've been nice".

Pointing at Sofia to make sure he was talking about the beauty standing in front of him he slowly nodded as if he was unsure of what was happening.

"Stop shouting fuck sake and this homeless person bites so be careful before I give you rabies" Sofia muttered walking past him while making a biting motion toward James which caused him to step back.

Laughing at their interaction I got back to work with James giving me reports on his mission.