Chapter 366 The Path of Swords, A Sudden Attack!

In the boundless space within the Field of Swords, Feng Yu had arrived before his greatest challenge, a narrow path that reached beyond the haze-filled horizon. On each side had different swords that stood erected, each giving a unique pressure by their towering sword qi, a force that made it feel as if the gravity in the region had increased by an alarming scale.

The thick mist clouded most of his vision, but the lights from the shimmering swords acted like torches that lit the way. Feng Yu peered at this with calm eyes recalling his first time here.

"It's still the same, no... it only feels that way," Feng Yu muttered as he eyed the surroundings as if uninfluenced by the pressuring force that pushed down against him.

As his eyes peered at the pathway, he noticed that shrouded by the haze were different humanoid silhouettes, standing at various positions, each grasping a sword in hand that emanated with energy. It was clear that while traversing the pathway, he would certainly need to withstand their onslaught.

I knew it would change for the Third Phase meant only for candidates, but I'd have failed instantly if I had to do combat while handing this gravity back when I started. Well, no matter, I suppose it's time to begin.

After wrapping up his thoughts, the easy-going look on Feng Yu's face changed to that of a serious one. His hair flowed around him while his dark-colored robes fluttered with the winds brought forth from his rising aura.

In that instant, his cultivation exploded in full power as his aura sent ripples through his surroundings, pushing away most of the haze in a 100-meter region.

When Feng Yu geared up for battle, Uncle Sword, who had manifested in the void, watched the trial from above. His child-like figure sat on his conjured chair as his eyes showed interest.

"Oho, so he's not using his bloodline power. It looks like he learned from his last mistake. Good, this is a trial for the sword, and sword only. Huhu... it won't take external influences lightly. Hmm, what's this? He's calling his sword. I wonder what kind of weapon he's bonded with?"

As Feng Yu could hear his words, he reached his right hand to his side and called out Black Lightning; its edge shimmered in a cold light as it flickered with dark lightning bolts.

Uncle Sword looked at Black Lightning with a tinge of surprise. He spoke to himself, "That sword... to think it possesses the Will of a Lightning Dao Source, and not just any kind, but the most sinister lightning of them all, the Dark Devouring Lightning. Where did he get such a weapon? Who could even craft such a thing?"

Uncle Sword was a bit curious about Black Lightning, but even as he remained intrigued, his eyes widened once more as Feng Yu reached his left hand outward, grasping for another sword.

What! So he's also a dual sword wielder, haha. Is this a curse? Or could it be what so many have called fate? He inwardly exclaimed, his eyes not leaving Feng Yu's arm for a moment, eager to see his second sword.

Soon, the rusted form of Crimson Ember appeared. It brought a slight disorder to the space as it burst into a cluster of sinister purple flames that scorched Feng Yu's hand the moment it appeared.

Feng Yu, who seemed to have expected it, grit his teeth to suppress the pain as he pushed most of his aura towards the weapon, forcing it to cry out like a beast. After a slight struggle between man and sword, calmness reigned as it retracted its wild flames and energy.

Feng Yu sighed as he stared at Crimson Ember with deep eyes with relief on his face. He didn't show any change in expression but pondered to himself.

You really are a pain, I can't even wield you with any ounce of my aura energies, but that's fine. I didn't take you out to use you but to let Uncle Sword have a look beforehand. For now, you can head back until we find a way to deal with that 'bastard' inside.