A Child's Jealousy

Start from the beginning

Wukong felt his body shudder as he twisted around quickly to see a unhinged jaw about to bite down on him, "Soul—!!" He held up his arms to block but was surprise to feel nothing, but hear the sharp giggling of a child next to his ears.

"You really are known for your trickery and smart battle strategies... Your reflexes unmatched... Unless your fighting another god instead of a low ranking demon."

Wukong's breath hitched as he felt Ren's fist connect with his stomach, "AUGH—!!" He was sent flying into rows of mountains.

"MONKEY KING!" MK shouted in worry as he only caught a glimpse of the fight from his running. He slid over behind some coverage and looked down at the staff indented in the ground. It's bright glow he used to love now just a dim light that was flickering eerily.

Slamming down into the ground, Ren stared off into the mountains, his eyes quickly finding MK right behind a giant boulder, "You know? I was released from my prison 5 months ago, and you know what I did as soon as I got out?"

MK felt his skin crawl in a prickling sensation.

"I looked for my Ma' for days on end." Ren stalked forward like he was walking on a catwalk, "I did end up finding her, but with a different kid. A kid that would soon grow on her and be like her very own son." Ren slammed his clawed hand on the boulder that MK was hiding behind. His leering yellow eyes glowing in a sinister light, "That kid was you, MK!"

MK let out a gasp as the boulder was lifted above Ren's head and thrown directly at Wukong's flying figure.

Ren glared at the sight of the Monkey King, "I tried so hard to find a happy ending with me and my family, but you and your apprentice just end up ruining my perfect little life!" He screamed out, waves of power bouncing off each other in rows.

Wukong held onto MK when he slipped in his footing from the power, "So he's that Kid Jinhua lost, huh?"

MK nodded with a shaky breathe, "Yeah but now he's obsessed with defeating you for..." His brows furrowed as he trailed off lost in thought, "Why does Ren want to defeat you?"

Wukong's lips formed a tight line, his eyes hardened as he didn't meet the boy's gaze, but continued to glare at the source of power, "Never mind that right now. We need to somehow get your powers back! Try lifting the staff while I keep the Demon God distracted." And with that he sprinted forward leaving a very baffled apprentice behind to figure out the impossible.

Wukong rushed forward on his cloud and leaped onto the air as he threw a punch at the demon child. Ren in response twisted your the left and used palm strikes to try and counter his chi control.

Both were locked in a intense battle that could make a storm brew right above them.

MK reached out and grabbed hold of the staff, and electrifying shock was sent through his spine as he fell to his knees with a shriek.

He glanced down at his trembling hands and stared at his monkey features, "I'm still simian... I still have a little bit of my powers...!" With a nervous grin lifting up on his lips, she reached forward and grabbed hold again. The electrical current again was sent throughout his body. Letting a scream rip from his body, he gritted his teeth and felt the power pump through his veins. The pain was excruciating as it started to burn his insides and make his eyes prick with tears, "AGHHHHHHH!!"

Wukong whipped around to see MK struggling to even keep standing, "KID!"

"Didn't my parents teach you anything when you fought them?" Ren giggled as he spun around and nailed a heeled kick straight into his ribs, "Don't be distracted when engaged in battle-!!"