22

Levi's pov:

"I thought you said we were going to a hotel?"

"Yeah. This place is perfect for you." I scoffed as I looked up at the forest, Zeke by my side. Along with my new 'squad'.

I sighed as we finally got completely settled in, everything was in place. Zeke was reading on a log bench as I sat across from him. I did everything in my power to not kill this man, clenching my fist, my jaw.

"Nice weather." He muttered. I simply narrowed my eyes, sipping my tea. Though everyone else was excited about the wine, who would give us wine for such a mission? Beats me, but I want nothing to do with it. I'll stick with my tea. "Not very talkative." Zeke chuckled, turning the page in his book, not even glancing up at me. Maybe this would be nicer if he stopped interrupting my thoughts.

"Not many people want to talk to you. I thought you'd be used to talking to yourself." I scoffed, leaning back slightly in my 'chair'.

Zeke paused to look up, catching my glare. "Ouch." He used his index finger to push his glasses up further on his nose. "Any wine left around here?" He asked, small smile making its way to his face.

"No." I muttered, doing the bare minimum, in hopes he will stop talking.

"You knew Erwin, right? I heard some soldier mention him." I felt my heart skip a beat, glaring into his eyes. He killed so many people I doubt he even knows Erwin was one of them.

I couldn't help but show some of the anger on my face despite the times I usually control it well. "Stop talking." I spat, dropping my head to turn my gaze to my tea.

"So, you did know Erwin. I didn't hear much of their conversation.." I shut my eyes tightly as the man went on, "I believe they said," he paused to let out a breathy laugh, " 'a giant monkey titan threw a rock and killed half the survey corps, including commander Erwin' "

I couldn't help the anger coursing through me the more Zeke went on. It angered me more to think they were still talking about his death, though at least they aren't his murderer.

"So, I guess I did kill him. Hopefully he wasn't too important. I do believe I was a little extra with that last rock." Zeke continued on, laughing at his poor excuses of jokes.

As angry as I was, I only felt tears pool in my eyes. I quickly blinked them away, glaring up at Zeke. "Stop talking about him like you knew anything about the man you killed." I hissed through gritted teeth. My words seemed to pause him in his laughing, making him raise an eyebrow.

"Hit a nerve, did I?" He smiled, he fucking smiled. I tightened my grip around my tea cup, the tea inside a lukewarm by now.

"If it helps, I wasn't aiming for any soldiers. Just you know, the houses." Zeke smiled, laughing at his poor jokes, once again.

"Shut up." I spat, the teacup practically cracking in my grip. I gritted my teeth hearing him still lightly chuckling.

I quickly sighed, loosening my grip before glaring back up at him. "You truly, disgust me." I said in the calmest voice I could muster out.

"Aw, and I thought we were becoming friends." his voice was trailed with sarcasm as he couldn't seem to lose the smirk on his face. "About Erwin.." Zeke trailed off, his voice low. "What was he like?"

I raised an eyebrow at the question, debating on wether or not to answer. More of, did I want to talk about him or not. "Why? You were mocking his death earlier." I spat, keeping my eyebrows low as I locked my gaze onto his.

"Doesn't mean I don't want to know about the man." Zeke simply smiled, I can't even begin to feel an ounce of trust. I just want to chop this man into pieces, kill him.