05

Levi's pov:

I leaned against a tree, my eyelids getting heavy. I continue to fight sleep, quickly opening my eyes and reaching for the handle of my blade before relaxing again. The constant loop.

Something about the millionth time, telling me to just keep my eyes closed. I won't fall asleep.. just resting my eyes for a second.

My eyes shot open to a tight feeling wrapping around my body. My eyes widening at the sight in front of me.

God damn that is one ugly titan freak.

I try to kick my way free, wincing softly. My heart speeding up as my arm just barley reaches the handle of my blade. I tighten my grip around the handle. The titan widely opening it's mouth to show all its teeth.

My eyes lock with the titan, something that made my body fall limp. Maybe this was better. I could feel my grip on the handle loosening. Something in me wanted this. I sighed, watching the titan slowly pull me closer to it's mouth.

I closed my eyes, preparing for the pain of the bite. A small whine escaping my lips, I already feel dead anyways.

"Levi!" My eyes shot down to the voice, Petra standing their, tear filled eyes. In the corner of my eye Eld was there cutting the nape.

Shit, This impact is going to suck. Wait, Is the titan going to fall on me!? Oh hell no. My eyes widening as the tightening grip faded, my body wouldn't move.. If only I could reach my gear.. just a little.

My heart pounding as I tightly shut my eyes. I hit the grass making my mouth gasp open but yet receiving no air. It felt as my ribs were on fire, my head pounding with my heart. I grabbed my blade pointing it up to try and give me some upper hand when the titan hits me. It felt like my spine was going to keep me in the position all my life, the pain bring tears in my eyes.

I let out a loud yelp as the weight of the titan falls on me. If my ribs weren't broken before, they were now. I cut through the titans chest, blood soaking through my clothes. I gasped for more air, coughing up the blood going into my lungs. The liquid from the inside the titan flooding around me, stopping me from breathing.

I cried out in pain as I pushed myself into a sitting position. I would've gagged from being inside a titans literal stomach if I wasn't so desperate for air.

Who am I kidding, I'm barley getting anything. I stab the blade above my head, slicing its back open. The moonlight shining as the air hits me. I involuntarily gasp loudly, pushing through the pain to at least get my head out. Desperate for the cold air.

My arms resting on either side of the titan, ignoring the burning sensation. I could hear shouts in all kinds of different directions but all I wanted was air.

I closed my eyes feeling the darkness welcoming me, yet I didn't want it. Fighting my heavy eyelids, fighting to stay awake.

I felt probably two people grabbing each of my arms and pulling me out. I didn't move, all my energy felt drained. Maybe that was the lack of oxygen.

I'm so tired.

~~~
Hange pov:

"Hange! It's Levi!" I didn't even turn around to know it was Mike standing over me, his messy blonde hair slightly covering his eyes as he spoke.

"Levi? What, is he bored again?" I chuckled, not thinking much of it.

"A titan had him." Mike said blandly, his calm tone coming back. I felt my heart skip a beat as my eyes widened, turning towards Mike quickly to stare him in the eyes.

I pushed past him running over to the middle of the site, where the titan steam was coming up.

Levi was laying on top of a blanket, his breathing looked rigid and uneven. Petra and Eld hovering over him. Erwin was talking with Gunther while Oulo was looking for.. me I presume.

I quickly went over to Levi with my medical supplies. "Petra, Eld. I need you to get people away from here.. Levi wouldn't want a bunch of people seeing him like this." My voice quivering, I practically whispered the last part.

"Right away, Hange!" The two shouted, saluting, and clearing the area.

I pulled off Levi's shirt, the bruising to his ribs catching my eye. I quickly wrapped up his chest, assuming two or more ribs were broken. I put the dressing on tightly, gently pushing against his skin to make sure his ribs were in the right place.

My eyes shooting to his face when I heard a small groan. His lips were slightly parted but he was definitely still out of it.

"Hange." I looked up to see Erwin standing over Levi and I. I stood up, Saluting him. "Yes, Commander?"

"His injures?" He spoke lowly, his calm tone almost cracking.

"Most likely two to three broken ribs. His ankle may be messed up but it doesn't seem broken. Some of which I need Levi to tell me." I spoke quickly but slow enough for him to understand.

He simply nodded before walking off, his voice low as he whispered "damn it, what am I going to do with you, Levi." I assumed I wasn't supposed to hear that, and just sat down by Levi again.

~~~

Leviiii's pov:

I groaned as I opened my eyes, moving around slowly. I attempted to get up before a hand pushed me back down. I turned my eyes to see Hange, her bangs hanging down in front of her face.

"Hange." I croaked out, sending a burning through my chest.

Her eyes softened as she smiled at me. I averted my gaze from her eyes, god to be seen like this. I thought i'd be dead.

If I stopped fighting the titan, what made me choose to fight to breathe? Both would be pathetic deaths, its not like one was more noble then the other.

Maybe it was the look on Petra's face. Possibly the determination in Eld's eyes. Am I avoiding the fact that just maybe, I possibly, want to live?

I brought a hand up to my head to cover my eyes. This is going to be one long trip.