Chapter 3 - The Badge and The Burden

Upon awakening, Vegeta noticed his rival sleeping in the bed next to him. Irritated, he walked over to Goku's bed, grabbed the mattress, and lifted it, causing him to fall off.

"Why did you do that, Vegeta? I was sleeping..." Goku complained as he got up.

"Enrolling in this school was your idea, Kakarot, so we have to follow their rules, starting with attending their classes," Vegeta explained as he opened the closet.

Reluctantly, he handed Goku a Beacon uniform, saying, "Wearing these uniforms is required. If we want to stay here, we must wear them."

As they dressed in their uniforms, Goku whined about the discomfort, but Vegeta insisted they wear them. Looking at themselves in the mirror, Vegeta ordered Goku to follow him as they left the dorm room.

The Saiyans strolled towards their classroom, passing by Ozpin and Glynda on the way.

"Those two are thirteen minutes late!" Glynda prepared to scold them.

"Now, now, don't be too harsh. It's their first day," Ozpin interjected, halting Glynda from reprimanding them.

After a brief walk, they arrived at their classroom to find everyone already seated, and Professor Port waiting for them.

"You're late, but no matter! Take a seat anywhere," Professor Port announced.

The Saiyans scanned the room and noticed a familiar face waving at them.

"Hey! You guys can sit next to us!" Ruby called out.

"Hey, guys!" Goku greeted as they made their way over to the empty seats beside team RWBY.

"So, Goku, what took you guys so long?" Ruby inquired.

"What do you mean? We're on time, right?" Goku replied.

"You're so late!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Oops, my bad!" Goku laughed.

As time passed, Professor Port's story became less and less interesting to Ruby and she started goofing off, much to Weiss's irritation.

"A true huntsman must be honorable, dependable, strategic, well-educated, and wise," the professor concluded.

Weiss couldn't believe that Ruby had been chosen as the leader instead of her. She was far more qualified and capable, and it made no sense.

Port then asked the class, "Who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?"

"I do, sir!" Weiss immediately raised her hand.

"Very well, let's find out," Port said and pointed to a cage holding a small Grimm. "Step forward and face your opponent."

Weiss stepped forward, holding her Rapier in hand, ready to fight. However, she lost her focus when her teammates started cheering her on.

"Go, Weiss!" Yang shouted.

"Fight well!" Blake encouraged.

"Represent team RWBY!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Ruby, I'm trying to focus!" Weiss exclaimed, annoyed.

"Sorry," Ruby replied, looking downcast.

Port then opened the cage, revealing a pig-like Grimm with giant tusks charging towards Weiss.

Weiss braces herself as the Grimm charges towards her, its giant tusks aimed straight at her. She sidesteps at the last moment and brings her rapier down hard on its snout, causing it to recoil in pain. The Grimm recovers quickly and swings its tusks at Weiss, who blocks the attack with her sword.