Adi was dumbstruck. He didn't know how to respond.

 The way she increased his heartbeat by just her mere presence, her alluring scent which incited so many feelings in him, the way he enjoyed her snapcastic reply, will he ever be able to get over it?

After getting what he wants, will he let her go?

" I don't know". Adi whispered, honestly this time.

………….

Next day :

" Paro, Open the door! Paro!! "  Paro jolted up from her sleep hearing the loud banging on her door. She looked through the window to find darkness outside. Oh, God! For how long did she sleep? After lunch, she was just supposed to take a nap. 

Hearing another loud bang on her door she hurried up. 

" Coming!" 

 As soon as she opened the door her friends and aunt rushed into the room.

" You slept for the whole day, Paro". Ishita yelled in her high-pitched voice. 

"But.. but you all! What happened?"

Paro looked at them, puzzled. She couldn't think of any possible reasons for them to show up at her door, this time.

" Happy birthday!!" All of them said together.

She was awestruck. 

"How do you all know?" She gasped.

" You will get to know everything. Get ready soon. Ishita, please help her. You two should be downstairs within 1 hour". 

Her aunt instructed and left with the others in a hurry as they came.

Paro was still processing what was happening when Ishita pulled her wrist.

" Oho! Come soon you silly girl. You will get to know everything." 

Sitting on the chair, while Ishita did her makeup, Paro looked at herself through the mirror.

 Except for her mom and her best friend, Preeti, nobody had wished her. She didn't expect anyone to remember her birthday except Aryan. When in the morning she proposed to Aryan and Vivaan to go out with her they ditched her saying they are busy. 

Suddenly her childhood and teenage years flashed in front of her eyes. How Aryan and Preeti used to be the most excited ones for her birthday. Aryan was just some months older than her, but he always acted like her big brother. He had a huge crush on Preeti and their whole school knew that, except that silly girl. 

Paro never failed to tease him with her name, and every time he used to end up blushing horribly. Though he never could gather the courage to tell her directly. Then at 14 Aryan shifted to the city with his whole family and his love story was gone with her. 

The memory brought a smile to her face.

Even now she won't mind playing cupid between them. But she got to know that Aryan liked someone from his college. He still didn't propose to her but the feeling is mutual. So she didn't talk about the old things anymore. She was happy for him.

" Ok, we are done". 

Paro was pulled out of her reverie by Ishita. 

The navy blue deep neck dress was hugging her curves in the perfect places. Her open hair was loosely curled and the minimal amount of makeup on her face was making her look vibrant. Ishita did a great job.