1x2 'The Lucky Compass'

Later that night:

It was later that night and I was lying on the sofa watching 'Riverdale' I turned the TV off, pissed. I blew through my cigarette, the smoke wafting out. I looked up at the ceiling, noticing the smoke alarm. I stood up, I should probably continue this outside, I didn't want to set the alarm off at 12am. I opened up the patio doors and stepped outside. The sky was a pinky orange colour, giving of a candyfloss effect. It was beautiful, Outer Banks was beautiful. Suddenly I heard a noise, a door opening from behind me. I spun around to see Sarah and Wheezie sneaking out, blankets and pillows in hand "Shit" Wheezie exclaimed, noticing me. Sarah rolled her eyes "Relax, she's high" I raised an eyebrow "You can smoke without getting high you know?" I exclaimed, which was true, I wasn't high this time "What are you doing?" I asked as they tiptoed past me. They looked at one another "Going to sleep on The Druthers" Sarah explained "It's so hot and it's the only place with AC!" Wheezie told me. I shrugged "Okay, whatever I'm not gonna snitch, just don't float away" I said as they began running away "We won't!" Wheezie called back. I rolled my eyes. Younger siblings these days.

The Next Morning:

Summer in Outer Banks was the best thing ever, chilling by the pool, boat rides, beach parties, getting high, but it was also chaos. It was the next day and I was at Chloe's house where she was taking selfies of herself and admiring herself in the mirror. I groaned "What?" She asked "Jealous of my undying beauty?" I rolled my eyes "Whatever" I lifted the blind up, peeping through. Chloe lived on the north side of the island, like me, just around the corner from Tanny House. The north side houses were all clumped together, right on the bank of the ocean, so usually its where most of the kids from school lived. We all usually hung out together. Outside, was Sarah, talking to some little girl. I laughed "What?" Chloe asked, getting up from her desk and joining me at the window "What is my sister doing?" She laughed "I don't know, she needs serious help, poor Topper" speaking of Topper, he was stood on the lawn outside, chilling with Kelce, his friend and surprisingly my brother, Rafe "Your brothers hot" Chloe exclaimed. I pulled a face "Do you think I have a chance?" She asked "I mean yeah if your in to dating losers" "Also don't you have a date, like right now?" She jumped up "Oh yeah, got to go, I'm sure you can entertain yourself until I get back" She kissed one side of my cheek, then the other "Love ya" "Sure" I said, watching her walk out of the room, leaving me stood there, alone. I stood there for a second then walked out of the room. Chloe's parents were business workers who mainly worked abroad so they were never home. Which left Chloe in the care of her 75 year old employed nanny who just slept 24/7, meaning Chloe could do whatever she wanted. As I walked down the stairs I bumped into Wheezie, who had lipstick smeared all over her face "What are you doing here?" "Hanging out with Shauna obviously?" Shauna was Chloe's little sister, Wheezie's best friend. I shrugged and continued walking down the stairs "Wait!" She said, I turned around, eyebrow raised. She followed me into the hall until we were eventually facing each other "What is it?" She eyed me for a second, then said "Do you remember that party last summer you went too, the one where Olivar Santos pissed himself?" I nodded, "Yeah?" "Didnt you kiss that pogue, John B? I remember you crying over him when you got home" I rolled my eyes, not this again "Yeah? What about it?" Wheezie smiled "He snuck onto The Druthers this morning with empty tanks that he'd stolen, he was like full on flirting with our Sarah and she was flirting back!" Oh my god, that player! "I'm not surprised to be honest, John B's a man whore and well...you know what Sarah's like" She'd cheated on like five guys before Topper, but flirting with John B? This was a new one "Wait" I said "Does Topper know?" She shook her head "No, but I'm gonna tell him" my heart sank, I knew what Sarah was like, always chasing after a guy. I cared about Topper and I didn't want him to get hurt, he didn't deserve that "That's a good idea" I ran out of the house with thoughts about John B and his ways swirling around in my head.