004. reborn virgins

Start from the beginning

"And did you happen to see who it was?" Dean asks.

"I was too far. But I saw a light go off." Slim says.

"A white light?" Sam asks.

"Blue. Blue like fire. But not. Then she was-- she wasn't there." Slim says.

"Could you think of anything else?" Dean asks.

"No." Slim answers.

"Okay. Well... Slim, thank you for your time." Dean gives Slim 20 bucks. He takes it and leaves.

"Okay. So, no white light." Sam says.

"No angel. Has anybody talked to the victims' families?" Dean asks.

"It's next on my list." Jody says.

"Okay, and you said that they were all part of the same church?" Dean asks.

"Mm-hmm." Jody nods.

"Ready to get your worship on?" Dean asks the couple.

+++

They're in an office at the church and sitting across from Bonnie.

"We hope you enjoyed the tour. Any questions before we get you three registered?" Bonnie asks.

"Uh, yeah, uh, look, um, Ms. Futchko..." Sam says.

"Oh, plese. Bonnie will do just fine." She says.

"Bonnie. Okay, um, we... love the church. We do. But... well, we've heard that a few members have gone missing and to be honest... that kind of scares us." Sam says.

"Let me assure you, with our increased security, Good Faith has never been safer. And those people who have gone missing, well, they are front and center in our prayers." Bonnie says.

"What a relief. Now, you must have been, uh, close to them." Dean says.

"Well, we do share the A.P.U bond." Bonnie says.

"The A.P.U.?" Dean asks.

"Our chastity group. Abstinence Purifies Us." Bonne says.

"Oh. W-Wow. You mind if we sit in on that, maybe see if it's for us?" Sam asks.

"I'm afraid it's members only. I'm sorry, but it can get pretty personal." Bonnie says.

"Then count us in." Sam says, his brother and wife looking at him.

"Well. I'll be a squirrel in a skirt." Bonnie smiles. Larissa forces a smile when Bonnie glances at her. "I'll be back in a jiff with the papers." She leaves.

"Squirrel in a skirt?" Larissa whispers.

"A chastity group?" Dean asks.

"Dean, listen, if all the members were in A.P.U., then maybe whatever took them is stalking virgins." Sam says.

"And that Slim guy said he thought he saw fire. So, what are you thinking, dragons?" Dean asks. Sam shushes him as Bonnie walks back in.

"All righty. You can just sign there, and your purification can begin." Bonnie says, handing each of them a clipboard.

"Purity pledge?" Sam asks.

"It's a commitment to your virginity." Bonnie says.

"I don't think we can really un-ring that bell. I especially know they can't." Dean motions to the couple. "You know what I mean?"

"Oh. I see." Bonnie quietly says. "Well... if you just ask for God's forgiveness for your sins and make a new vow of chastity, well, then, you'll be born again as a virgin in his eyes."